• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Shinros

First Lieutenant
30 Badges
Jan 15, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
Here comes the letters. Note I was doing the solo path.
First note you can ask different subjects in different orders here are just mine. I will bold or underline parts I think are important. I am making a seperate topic for the letters because of course this post will get buried in the ending thread and I wanted to create a thread where people can dissect them and compare notes from their playthroughs.

Since different paths get different information I went with chorus at first and I had a personal conversation with Tunon at his throne room of course mark was wondering why the hell I went with chorus.

I personally did not like either army so I reloaded my previous save and went solo so when I got to tunon's court he asked me why did I sour the relations with both armies and what the hell I was thinking. I told him they were both inept and he simply dismissed me and I got marks letter.

This is the very first letter you write to her that spreads into subjects.
Dear Fatebinder Myothis,

I write to you at the urging of my peer and tutor, Fatebinder Rhogalus. He has found himself bereft of answers(a rare condition for him) and suggested you may be the source of the answers I seek.

If you pardon the imposition, it would mean a great deal to learn of what you know of kyros edicts and the magic of the spires. The mountain spire of the tiers has awoken to my presence an - event that occurred moments after I resolved an edict of kyros - so it's critical that I learn juat what happened to me and what it all means.

I thank you in advance for your consideration and your wisdom.

- Fatebinder Melchiah.

Response

Melchiah,

Do you remember your training under Bladen Mark? I remember mine - funny to think that you and I are about a century apart, but to Bladen Mark we are all children.

I'm now one of the oldest of the courts "children" and I've seen so much in my time. It's probably best everyone assumes I am old and harmless and worth shuffling away in the archives... if I was scrutinized too closely, I'm sure Tunon would find I have grown lax in my spoiled old age...

Part of why I am where I am is that I've kept my head down - your appear to be doing the opposite. In some regards, this is beyond your control - you were chosen for the honor of proclaiming kyros edicts - twice! To decline would of meant death, but to accept means to be placed on a stage for all to see.

Kyros most powerful weapon is not the edict, it's her ability to hand us rope that we willingly use to hang ourselves - never forget this. There are numerous questions nestled in your request - what is it you wish to know most? Focus your inquiry and I will answer best as I can.

-Fatebinder Myothis

Second letter

Dear Myothis

Thank you for hearing me out. I have more questions than I ink, but let's start with a discussion of kyros edicts. I've lived under proclaimed and resolved edicts - which makes me far more knowledgeable than the lay person on the subject, and yet I know so little.

- Melchiah

Salutations Melchiah

It is difficult to separate fact from superstition when it comes to edicts, as it seems only kyros knows how it all works, the rest of us are left to live in fear and ponder it all.

Kyros edicts are a sort of magic above and beyond the Archons - I daresay the edicts are STRONGER than kyros as there is no evidence Kyros can willingly stop an edict once set in motion.... which is, in part why Kyros edicts seem to have an until or unless clause in their wording.

I know the edict as powerful as it is, requires a human voice to complete the casting - thus the overlord has people like you proclaim Edicts cast far from the imperial throne - the magic is kyros magic, but the human voice is the final carrier or trigger to complete the magic phenomenon.

And here's what is most fascinating - at least as far as you're concerned. There are have been dozen of mortal agents who have been made to proclaim edicts - two - thirds of them die within the decade, and many gave reports of lingering mystic scars from the ordeal.(Verse has a throw away comment in act 1 wonder why your throat has not burnt out or why you are not missed up after proclaiming two edicts ;)

And there are a handful to resolve or break an edict - these "until" and "unless" clauses get fulfilled from time to time, and we see a similar pattern in history - those who resolve an edict often live short lives, and many speak or arcane side effects of the shattered edicts.(Your PC suffered no side effects npc's note it's strange that kyros gave you the honor to proclaim two edicts. Most would be dead or infirm/scarred after proclaiming or resolving one. Unless kyros knew of your ability as an Archon or was looking for someone who can use the spires? Who knows? :s)

Here is where you are unique.. to the best of my fact - finding you are the first to proclaim and break the exact same edict. Whatever mystical power is involved in the creation and destruction of such magics, you're the first to stand terminus to both.

Now that I know the spires can be awoken, it makes sense that if anything can or would wake them from slumber, a shattered edict seems the most likely culprit.

Kyros has other edicts in place through out the tiers. If you truly wish to learn more perhaps you should take it upon your self to shatter those edicts? After all, if Kyros did not wish the edicts to be broken, why include a termination clause?

-Myothis

Third Letter I think this one is rather important and lends to the vision you see of a "woman" visiting the spire using your lore skill.

Dear Myothis

It seems wise to know one's domain, and seeing I'm now the master of the mountain spire, I ought to learn all I can. If you would share with me what you know of the spires, I would be in your debt.

I'll start with what I know and observed so far. The mountain spire seemed to awaken at about the same instant that Kyros edict of execution was put to rest. There was a burst of arcane energy that drowned out my senses, and I awoke at the summit of the spire in (what seemed to be) just a few hearbeats of time.

Atop the spire is an old sculpture of sorts, and it seems to be the core of the spire's mystic energy. I've been seeing visions and receiving sensations FROM the sculpture - it seems odd to describe it as talking to me, but that seems the closest analogy.

Am I the first to report such things? There are other spires elsewhere in the world, correct?

-Melchiah

Greetings Melchiah

You are correct, there are spires all across Terratus. The exact distribution of these monuments are fuels all sorts of debate and speculation, but two facts seem commonplace: Most spires are built near Oldwalls (your Mountain spire is the notable exception) and nearly every culture that predated Kyros has some local myth to explain the builders of these spires - I believe the Tiersmen cite the "Older Realms" as their local name for the spires/Oldwalls architects... but nobody knows for sure.

And of course, where kyros has bought proper civilization, the origin of the spires is simply isn't discussed in good company....

Here is what you need to know...

First, the spires behave as a arcane lodestone - there is a constant field of magical strength around a Spire. If you imagine a mystic sea resting atop our world, the Spires seem to spin and churn this magic - creating a spell cast with even modest effort will materialize with powerful results.

Second, and I'd say most tellingly kyros, has laws against entering the Oldwalls, but there are now laws against the spires. You could infer from this that means Kyros has no issue with the lay folks messing with the spires but wishes to keep us safe from the Oldwalls. Or you can think like an overlord and know that if you place a rule against something, you make it forbidden and desirable... now I find it telling that kyros forbids the hallways the leads to the spires but does not pain a target on the spires themselves.

Last but not least... as a young fatebinder, I once has to oversee a case of a man who had built a shrine to kyros around the base of a spire in the far south east. I could find no evidence of falsity or slander - his shrine was a most reverent and loving tribute as I've ever seen.

At one point though, this man claimed he had evidence that kyros was here back in negative fifty.(Do also remember at the end if you use your lore skill you look at the spires visions when you first cast something similar to an edict you get the vision that a "woman" has visited the spire once before. The PC can even point that out) He has merely uttered those words and my senior binder swung his axe right then and there.

Being the new girl at the court, I simply said nothing, but I have long wondered why such a comment should require death instead of the traditional removal of the tongue.

-Fatebinder Myothis

Fourth letter which I think is one the most IMPORTANT one that may shed some small light on what kyros is possibly thinking the next one is also important. Note I am on the solo path don't have support of either army I am just working with Balden mark.

Also I think your wrath might effect what she writes I had near maxed out favor with Tunon and she wrote this.

Dear Myothis

I appreciate the information you are sharing.

Knowing what you know of my situation, what would you do?

-Melchiah

[Tunon favor 1]Dear Melchiah

Based on what you've told me, it seems a stretch to believe these events are mere coincidence or circumstance. Kyros edict of execution was setup for SOMEONE to claim Ascension Hall... to think that Kyros did not know what would happen would be a massive underestimation of the Overlords long view.

You have been thrust into the arena of the mighty, your options are to retreat into obscurity, suicide or rising to the occasion - I suggest the third option. (This is just my speculation I personally believe kyros told mark to observe the PC after act 1 further letter lend to this speculation. Hence why he also works so closely with you on the solo path since he also believes you are interesting per his words.)

If I were you I would use my connection to the spires to see if they will all awaken to my presence. Every tiersmen see's the spires in the horizon - if they know YOU are the master of the spires, they will see YOU each time they look at the sunrise and sunset.

Foster a reputation for power, make others fear you. This is what I've seen kyros and every other living Archon do far as long as I've lived and there's reasons for this.... there is a practical case that power and a reputation insulate you from threats, but there's the lesser known element that I can't prove but I know in my heart to be true: the fear and love of others will strengthen your magic.

The last part I inferred from my discussion with Bladen Mark. In the few times he has spoken of his gruesome work of slaying those who might rise to threaten the Overlord, he has hinted that it's easier to kill "rogue elements" before they become famed and fearsome. In my lifetime, I saw Graven Ashe change from an unknown militiamen to a fearsome general - and I assure you, he did not have the power to shield his warriors in those days when he was without title or reputation.

The Archons will never, ever discuss the origin of their powers(because such knowledge would be used against them) but I have known ALL Archons to be obessed with the presentation of power(Just look at the ending of our PC, Ashe, Tunon, Nerat etc even blade likes to let you know that he can possibly kill you at almost any moment sometimes.)

Your connection to the spires will all but guarantee the Archons will want to control or destroy you(Just look at act 3 lol kyros just got ahead of everyone and made it official for the Archons to legally do it of course this letter takes place in kinda early/middle of act 2.) it's a question of when.

Start thinking like an Archon - the Archon of spires as far as I am concerned you ARE an Archon (she calls it even before Kyros makes it official still I assume kyros knew of what you are when you claimed the first spire) - an Archon of the spires. We are quick to place labels on powers we can easily spot - and history is replete with Archons of fire and Ice - it is foolish to think that there must be a word for a thing before an Archon can control it. Other way round - the Archons show us what is possible and we must step up to their dance.

- Myothis.

Riiiight letter number 5 another important letter this letter was on the last page I shall post it again. Still what lantry says in the end along with the last letter makes me believe that kyros has plans for the PC. This is just my thoughts they use ashe as an example in the last letter according to myothis he was just a simple soldier no a militaman at some point ashe even tells you as he is dying he did not always have this power.

Blade and myothis also makes the point if kyros does not want someone around or an Archon she would have them killed before they mature.

So he grew in power and then lead a huge rebellion but kyros could of EASILY had him assassinated before his powers matured and prevented such a thing from happening. Plus don't tell me that kyros had no idea Ashe was developing such abilities.

He was dragged before kyros and then he swore fealty becoming the new Archon of war.

Unless kyros fosters and brings up certain Archons she feels will be useful? Then tosses them aside if she feels they are no longer are competent/useful?

Also I talked to mark in act 3 before visiting Tunon he does confirm he has orders to kill the PC but to use his own judgement whether to kill you or not. He also tells you his job is not to only kill infant Archons(to keep the peace of the empire) but to also recruit the "wild talent".

I do think Mark and Tunon are still connected to kyros in some fashion especially mark since mark tells you if you end up attacking Tunon he will be forced to kill you. Your fatebinder companions in the court tell you to be careful around mark even if he submitted to you his loyalties can change if he wishes.

I honestly think he submitted to you 1. because he likes you and thinks you are worth having around on the solo route and 2. to get around the decree.

I assume you going to solo route made him interested in you and decided you were worth investing in so he told tunon he will watch you more instead. In turn he helped you become an Archon in this case Tunon and Mark knew since the start of act 2 that you were an Archon. Tunon in the chorus/disfavored path makes note of how strangely you resolved the edict and claiming the spire.

When you tell Mark that after experiencing kyros edicts you for some reason just "understands" them for some reason. Mark seems surprised and guesses possibly your magical talent might be copying the magic of other Archons. ( I will talk more of this in a seperate post don't want to make this too long).

Now letter 5

Dear Myothis

Thank you for weighing in all of this, To ask perhaps too obvious question... if I am such an anomaly, such a threat why hasn't the overlord dealt with me right away? An edict or a simple request to bladen mark would be no small threat... neither seems to have happened yet.

What is your take on this? Why hasn't kyros dealt with me?

-Melchiah

Response

Archon Melchiah (Yes she calls you that before it becomes official since you describe the spires and whats happening she determines you are an Archon which is true lol)

Allow me to address you by a title before it becomes fashionable to do so - I pride myself as a woman to stay ahead of the trends.

Why kyros smites others and allows others to exist is a question we all ponder. The Overlord can certainly appear arbitary and if I've learned anything, that's the point Kyros is intentionally aloof and distant - both in matters of personal security and because if you have to wrangle the most powerful entities of Terratus, you'd need to keep them from getting too comfortable.

To me the most obvious answer is that kyros knows EXACTLY what you are doing(I believe mark is reporting what you are doing to kyros since he helps you on this path on the solo run oh and she says exactly in CAPS in the letter) - she probably approves of your actions and is likely working at every opportunity to create a situation where you think you are working for your own self - interest while satisfying her ambitions as well.

You have to consider an important detail: there is nowhere left in Terratus to conquer now that the tiers are in the overlords grasp. What would the great generals do in a time of peace? The voice of nerat is barely tolerable when you have need of a spy master, why keep around such a monster when you no longer have need for such a gruesome weapon?

I would argue it is in kyros interest that the tiers be a costly invasion that claims the lives of many Archons as possible - not enough meat on the tiers to keep too many sharks sated for long.(remember kyros decree in act 3!)

Kyros ordered everyone to take ascension hall or die - the "or die" must of been the acceptable option correct? If I hazard a guess I'd say you have the unspoken backing of the overlord - it's not like Bladen Mark can't find you whenever he wants.

-Myothis

Sixth letter more on ashe rise to power and he is fairly young in terms of an Archon next to sirin if I recall nerat is actually older than him.

Dear Myothis,

I appreciate the insight and am honored by your vote of confidence

Your missive made mention of Graven Ashe - and how you've known him since before him since before he wore the title of Archon of war. Can you tell me more of what you observed of his rise to power? If I am indeed an Archon, it's safe to say I wasn't born knowing what I can or can't do and it stands to reason I might learn something from the stories of other Archons.

-Melchiah

Melchiah,

This is the sort of question that can get you killed. Very little is known about how the Archons are born or come into power - and my long life has taught me that Kyros and the Archon's prefer it this way... if the young and talented remain forever in the dark, the old and mighty can rule without challenge.

I heard Ashe (He will always be merely ashe to me - before kyros renamed him and gave his legion that back - handed title) as a rebel - a grimy, illiterate partisan(man Ashe sure came from a humble background could not even read or write I assume he learned to do that while training at kyros court.) who was winning battles while his countrymen of the Northern kingdom lost left and right.

Ashe was always a good leader, but he wasn't born able to mystically reach out and protect his soldiers. The earliest mention of isn't even until the tail end of the Northern conquest - and if you read the journals, they don't tell of stories of the grievous harm warded off by Ashe's stern looks - instead, they talk of his soldiers finding their fears and doubts lifted from them by ashe's presence.

(Perhaps the early version of the PC's power is being able to suck up the effects of the edicts ooor it's the faction abilities? Think about it the factions how they see you how they love or hate you gives you different powers. Still I assume most Archon's powers start humble just look at sirin's short story hell imagine nerat? Perhaps nerat could only do his swirly scepter nonsense.)

A careful reading suggests the ability to actively protect his soldiers from physical harm came years later, as that bond grew and more importantly as his legend grew. (Back to my reputation comment maybe it's just a gameplay thing but it fits I think.)

That legend part is the key detail. In my understanding, an Archon's power is something of a self - fulfilling prophecy: the widespread perception of an Archon's power is the very thing that strengthens an Archon's power. So in ashe's case, he had some early inkling of a power - the ability to assuage the burdens of his men, and as he took on the mantle of power and became known to all Terratus as the next Archon of war, it soon became the ability to bear the physical burdens of his men, not just their fears and doubts.

This my advice to you is to act like an Archon - take power where you can find it. Foster fear, foster love - never walk through life anonymously but rather live in the thoughts of your followers and the anxieties of your enemies.

(Now did she just talk about the reputation system right there? Also she tells you to act like an Archon and this is act 2 the letter chain happens so yeah. You got ample time to prepare yourself in advance what's also interesting is

that Mark is ALSO helping you gather power on the solo path to protect yourself perhaps he also knew you were an Archon. Since he said other Archons might be looking to get rid of you right now I also have the theory he is also reporting what you are doing to the overlord it's clear he is watching you as you see in the next letter and some hints in the previous one.)

-Myothis

Last letter this is on bladen mark people doing the solo path should find this letter interesting.

Dear Myothis

Your wisdom made mention of Bladen Mark and his killings. During my training, (It's also revealed in the solo path Mark also trained you the most out of the fatebinders hints anyone?) Fatebinder Calio hinted that much of Bladen Mark's work involves killing threats before they blossom into genuine problems - so I am curious to hear you second that fact. (They make the express point several times if Kyros did not want the PC around you should be dead. Lantry even says so in act 3 after you cast a smaller scale edict why did kyros leave you alive? Considering your power?)

So... let's say for the sake of the Argument I AM some Archon is it just a matter of time until Bladen Mark is sent to kill me? Should I be making grand displays of loyalty to the court to assuage his suspicions?

-Melchiah

My dear Fatebinder,

It's a poorly kept secret that Bladen's Mark job is more about killing threats before they become a problem - "official executions" are really the minority of his duties.

As I understand it Kyros has long used Mark as a preventative measure. Since he can move about the world rather freely,(He is soooo reporting to kyros what you are doing it's clear he can have multiple masters his short story clearly shows him reporting to the overlord. Yet tunon says he is his vassal.) and he can evade all but the most absurd powers, he is the perfect predator to send against wild talents.

I'm sure few in the tiers have ever actively wondered why there have been seemingly so few Archons born this far west. (I can sense bladen winking right now ;) ) I'm sure sure folks with the potential to be Archon have occurred in the tiers time and time again - but they're usually cut down by mark before the world hears of them.

(Note when you take your first spire all the Archons know of you and Mark says some of them are even preparing to destroy you on the solo path. He tells you need to gather strength and power also do remember in the letter Myothis guesses I think which is the solo path letter that you have the backing of the overlord.

On the solo path Mark simply bleeds out TONS of favor hence why I believe possibly his approval may link to kyros a little bit when ever we get to her. like faction reputation linking to their followers and leaders also Mark has no faction symbol alignment like the rest of the npcs. Save for the kyros tattoo on his shoulder.)

It's likely safe to assume Bladen Mark has his eye on you and has orders to use his own judgement when to strike. I've known the old man for ages and I'd strongly encourage you NOT to try and appeal to him with overt displays of loyalty - has no stomach for sycophants. I sincerely believe he thinks every human is a selfish, twisted knave and there are those who are lying about it and those that accept what they are - no third type exists.

(On the solo route he asks you why you did such a thing in act 1 that you did not do exactly as tunon and the others wished and I told him it was about justice nothing more nothing else. Got quite a bit of favor from that. Tunon thinks that kyros law is unbending it clearly can be bent I am sure even kyros knows that. Tunon also does not like REALLY like his fatebinders thinking outside the box.)

So yes I do think Bladen Mark will one day have to come for you. As I said - you could always hide or end your life now... but where your headed, conflict is likely inevitable. (What she doesn't know on the solo path Mark is helping you develop foooor some reason. :D)

-Myothis

Well that's the last letter

Last edited:
Anyway I am going to do the solo run again because I am not exactly happy with my character gameplay wise due to ranged lacking in exp I was the lowest level character by the end. Still I will go over each detail carefully see if I notice anything.

Oh and mark guessing your power might be to copy the magical abilities of other Archons in some fashion this is just a theory but think about it your edicts are no where near as powerful compared to kyros they vanish in a few days and you can't have other people pronounce them. Plus you can only use the edicts in the general areas of the tiers and you cannot use them in places where kyros edicts are still there.

Soo I don't think your power is exactly the same now bare with me this might be just simple gameplay mechanics buuut think about your faction abilities the more you fight a faction or friendly with them you gain abilities that are similar to the faction that you have a connection with even if they hate you or dislike you. Perhaps this might lend some credibility to Mark's theory?

Anyway it might just be a throw away line this is just my thoughts on the matter.

Right started a new solo run and just started act 2 Tunon says potential Archons that are of use go under the harshest scrutiny by a recruiter or by bladen mark himself

Tunon: "The overlord takes great pains to recognize potential. Before an Archon comes into their power, they will have faced the harshest scrutiny by an agent of recruitment if not Bladen mark himself.

Mark sends you a letter for a meet up on the solo run soooo this obviously means that Tunon and Mark did know that the PC is a potential Archon with the activation of the spire.

So after Mark's first conversation and thinking about it in the current context of the information we have he is pretty much recruiting/testing the PC hell I am already at max favor with him also he notes you were right to answer nerats and ashe infertile antics with "justice, raw and bloody."

I shall continue to compile information.

edict: You can also ask him why does he want the edicts undone? He simply tells you that kyros wants them undone because they have clear termination clauses. oh and he sends you to the library as more of test that you got what it takes.

Last edited:
Yeah so I decided to do the solo route again and you can ask mark the question after the first area of act 2. He tells you he sends you to the citadel to to see whether you are useless or not and to see if you are able to get what "he wants"(most likely dealing with ashe and nerat done.

PC:I need to know why you are helping me?

Bladen Mark: Then you must acclimate yourself to ignorance. Why do you do the things you do kid? Do you hate doing what others tell you to do? Is this world full of idiots and none seem worthy of your grace and cooperation?

Pc(this is what I said): I am adhering to my duty to uphold justice, I just have my own style of it.

Mark: (pretty much says justice means the one with the biggest power in the land)

Bladen mark: I'm helping you because you are bit of an unpredictable shit and I'm old and bored - tired of straining at my leash. Surprises are all that keep the day interesting. That and you are technically an honored member of the court, as am I, so honor demands that I guide and mentor - or at least try to before putting you down. (He admits in act 2 just after the first area that he has orders to kill(from kyros according to other routes) and he sends you to the first area as a test to see whether you have what it takes to get the things he "wants" done.)

PC: So you're testing me before killing me?

Bladen Mark: Testing you, yes - but the verdict is still up in the air as to whether or not I snuff out your life. Questions like this don't sell me on the notion of your longevity.

Another question

PC: you are helping me because you are bored? I don't believe it.

Mark: Believe whatever you want kid.

Oh and mark also reveals he is 300+ years old lantry also notes that mark has most likely been serving kyros for almost as long as tunon.

Right another important question you can ask mark why is he serving kyros.

[Bleden mark Favor 2] Where I come from there is an old saying - if you strike at the chieften don't miss. I struck at kyros and didn't kill her with the first blade, did get a chance for the second.

PC: So as penance you were made to serve?

Bleden mark: I assumed i'd be drawn and quartered but instead, I was offered vassalage. To some that means servitude, but to me means a steady means of contracts and legal impunity. So I accepted my punishment, and the rest is history.

Pc: What's stopping you from trying again?

Bleden Mark: Sometimes you ask really good questions(Yeah he finds your prodding for questions annoying somewhat :D this answer is the most telling)

PC:Glare silently

Bleden Mark: It's in my own interest that kyros lives. No other liege is worthy of my service and I certinaly have no desire to wear a crown. Service to the overlord suits me quite well, I've no desire to ruin our thing.

Another interesting conversation

PC: Why do you think the overlord is allowing the Archons to fight?

Belden Mark: Huh... I was expecting a dumber question. Kyros can sure appear fickle. Cairn was treacherous and vocal about it and gets an edict dropped on his head. The voices and Ashe openly bicker and kyros just watches.... If you don't know the overlord, it can all seem random and erratic.

Belden Mark: But I assure you, kyros is nothing if not deliberate. I would guess kyros has tired of the Archon of war and secrets - there is no need for both and so, why not let their natural lack of rapport solve itself by allowing the stronger to slay the weaker?

It's alll coming together in my opinion the solo route.

Who is Myothis? Would be funny if Myothis is Kyros and is trying to help you without you knowing it.

Who is Myothis? Would be funny if Myothis is Kyros and is trying to help you without you knowing it.

Well one of the fatebinders from tunon's court(can't spell his name from the top of my head) says she is an elder fatebinder I would laugh if this was the case but I doubt it she does know a lot though which is the interesting bit.

Right I also got the hidden achievement from the shadows. To get mark to attack and forsake tunon what you have to do is meet mark before going to tunon and then you introduce the idea to him "what would it take for you to serve me over tunon?"

He then reveals it would take you killing ashe and nerat like tunon should of done ages ago you do that and you go back to him and then he does his whole dagger ritual nonsense. You then attack tunon and he calls for belden to kill you but he appears telling tunon that this "blade" does not belong to you anymore. So he attacks but then tunon reveals that the overlord would have not "given" belden to him without teaching him how to discipline mark properly. (Seems tunon has done this before going by his dialouge)

Bleden seems suprised because he said he does not have the binding of shadows anymore so he gave it to the PC 1. He does like you because you need favor 2. he thought it was a part of his "leash".

Tunon does some light mumbo jumbo belden smiles at you and apologizes for messing up(he is fine) and gets sucked into darkness and then begins the whole fight with tunon as normal. I experimented with the dialogue and he does note he actually does care about his standing in court(hence why he still tries to kill you if you mess up or don't do the hidden achievement). If the PC does care about your personal standing you would go the route of the trial and convicting one of the Archons.

You can ask Mark for advice for dealing with Tunon he essentially says to you "It's your problem if you can't make him acquiesce" so either way it seems mark is okay with either route of course that's if you don't mess up your trial. I mean he is an amoral(and violent) assassin at the end of the day even if he does like you.

Still this whole bit made me like the solo route even more because YOU get to choose and define your PC without any of the Archons ordering you around. You can be doing it for power/selfish reasons, you can be doing it for justice feeling both armies suck or you can be doing it just because you feel like it.

They don't assume the reason why you are doing the route they allow you to choose WHY you did such a thing hence the options in the trial and belden mark asking the PC why they do what they do.