• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kryptic Hazard

Recruit
37 Badges
Nov 18, 2020
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
I recently just got into eu2 and was looking for mods. I downloaded the files for the Enhanced myMap (btw idk which mod is good for adding provinces and working with agceep as there seem to be a whole mess of them for ftg). I then unRARed them into the "mods" folder and I Started it up right after.

However, the mod crashes at the splash screen with the tiger with a message saying roughly "missing gfx/palletes/armyunit3.bmp" . I can't get past this screen and it seems that I need to add this file into the mod but idk where to find it. Any help appreciated.

I recently just got into eu2 and was looking for mods. I downloaded the files for the Enhanced myMap (btw idk which mod is good for adding provinces and working with agceep as there seem to be a whole mess of them for ftg). I then unRARed them into the "mods" folder and I Started it up right after.

However, the mod crashes at the splash screen with the tiger with a message saying roughly "missing gfx/palletes/armyunit3.bmp" . I can't get past this screen and it seems that I need to add this file into the mod but idk where to find it. Any help appreciated.

You shold be posting this in the thread in which the mod you use is described (people who use the mod are usually subscribed to the thread about the mod).
Technically a mod that lacks a file will automatically search for it in the vanilla game and try to use the vanilla games file.
Open the file "settings.txt", e.g. mine:
Code:
moddebug = yes
runbackground = no
gui = {
    language = "l_English"
}
graphics = {
    size = {
        x = 1280
        y = 1024
    }
    fullscreen = yes
}
music = yes
lastmod = {
    dir = ""
    style = {
        shields = "Glory"
        font = "glory"
        interface = "Glory"
        colorscales = "glory"
    }
}

and change moddebug to yes if it is no for you. That will log mod errors to the \logs folder in the file moddebug.txt so that you have complete errormessages.

Just in case - you wrote you got into EU2 - the mods for download in FtG threads are not all compatible with EU2 any more. FtG can use more commands and triggers that EU2 does not know and FtG can handle more provinces than Eu2 on a map.

And make sure that your vanilla game is installed fine and working - nothing is more frustrating to endlessly look for errors in a mod if the error already exists in the normal game.