• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It says it cannot open the path. I will try to make a screenshot.
It will be useful. There is no real recorded compatibility problem with Vista. Maybe something is wrong with the installation of the mod.

Btw, it is not recommended to install EU2 in Vista Program files folder. Better use another path. Otherwise savefiles will not be stored in the Scenarios/Save Games subfolder of the EU2 folder.

Posting deleted.
Thanks

The strange thing is: on my PC, it works fantastic, but on my laptop, it is nothing.

The fault I get is this:

"A double file name is existing or the file has not been found.
System cannot find the given file"

c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe

I used winzip instead if winrar and now it's working fine.
Thanks for your attention.

The strange thing is: on my PC, it works fantastic, but on my laptop, it is nothing.

The fault I get is this:

"A double file name is existing or the file has not been found.
System cannot find the given file"

c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe

I guess that if you copy them through a CD, their attribute will be Read-only
and thus it doesn't let you overwrite it.
file not found, I don't know.

I have a problem that I've downloaded both 1.51 and 1.65
I want to play Southern Ming in 1648 and installed 1.51
then installed 1.65 to let it just overwrite the scenario 1419
I've seen that Mymap 1.65 is very good that famous regent has their own AI!!!

But it crashes, some IDs are overwritten, the IDs in 1.51 was redefined in 1.65.

Is this mod Mac compatible? I've searched through thid thread and didn't see anything, but with 308 pages of posts it's possible I missed something.

EDIT: OK I found out how to download and install the mod (version 1.65) on my Mac, but I get the following error:

"palette/GFX/palette/blob.bmp does not exist"

I followed the path noted above and indeed there is no blob.bmp file in that folder. I performed a second extract of the RAR file just to make sure I didn't miss the file, but there is no blob.bmp that I can find.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Hi,

I just wondered what's wrong with the city icons for a number of states. I'm currently playing as Muscowy and the city icons are just nowhere to be found... now the game runs fine, but it still is ugly...
Maybe someone knows about this problem?

I'm not sure how it is handled in the installation of MyMap but cities sprites should go in the EU2 gfx folder. See here.
Don't be surprised, almost all new cities sprites used in MyMap were borrowed with my approval. :)

@fistofsouth: it must be a mistake or a bug in the Mac version. Just find the blob.bmp file. It should be in the EU2 gfx/palette subfolder. Try to copy it in the MyMap Gfx/palette subfolder but maybe you will "just" have to search through all the MyMap text files and search for blob.bmp and remove the path.

For example, "Gfx/palette/blob.bmp" => "blob.bmp" only

Last edited:
well, i figured out why MyMap wouldn't show city sprites for some countries: Agung pasha had changed the tags of all the RUS and BYZ countries already, so the game wouldn't show city sprites for BYZ and RUS countries because i didn't have those sprites.
Anyway, i tried unzipping the folder in my EU2 main folder, but WinRAR wouldn't let me. So i unzipped the whole thing unto my desktop and copied the Gfx folder into my EU2 folder, but the game (MyMap) still shows no sprites. Anything i did wrong perhaps?

BTW, is there a way to rewrite the country.csv file? it says the .csv file is read-only and will not save any adjustments...

thanks for the help!

Check the properties of the file and remove the read-only attribute if any. Don't forget to work on a copy of the original MyMap file in order to be able to revert if you make some mistakes.

And yes, information should be found in country.csv if you read correctly my instructions.

I understood it's in the country.csv file like your instructions said, I only had problems with the read-only attribute, thanks for additional comment on that :)

The akward thing is that the MyMap country.csv does not have a read-only attribute at all, though my system stubbornly sees it as read-only.:wacko: So it wouldn't let me overwrite the file even if the read-only attribute is turned off. This is probably a Windows Vista problem, i'll try to fix that with an XP system.;)

Don't know whats wrong with my WinRAR... Arabia Universalis was unzipped into the EU2 folder without problems, but the RUS sprites won't get through. will fix that later perhaps.

Is EU2 installed in Vista Program files? This is not recommended because of the behaviour of this system directory with Vista. Better install EU2 outside (C:/Games/EU2 for example).

ah, okay didn't know about that. thanks YodaMaster :)
I fixed the read-only attribute thing, problem is that Vista limited the acces to the file so i edited that. But i'll move EU2 out of the program file anyway to avoid similar problems in the future.

OK, I've tried google-searching the fora for this, but no luck.

After loading any scenario or saved game, I always get three database mismatch errors, for

type = 7 id= 5252

type = 7 id= 5253

and

type = 7 id= 5254

After choosing ignore it works perfectly, but they're annoying nonetheless. Since those IDs are not to be found in the save games files, I figure they must be in the event files. I've been mucking around for them, but no luck. Anyone knows where to look?

OK, I've tried google-searching the fora for this, but no luck.

After loading any scenario or saved game, I always get three database mismatch errors, for

type = 7 id= 5252

type = 7 id= 5253

and

type = 7 id= 5254

After choosing ignore it works perfectly, but they're annoying nonetheless. Since those IDs are not to be found in the save games files, I figure they must be in the event files. I've been mucking around for them, but no luck. Anyone knows where to look?
They're adapted from AGCEEP, so you may want to check the AGCEEP ID
repository
. However, the current AGCEEP's IDs may not correspond with those of version 1.39 of the mod...