• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello! Can someone please tell me how I fully desinstall the mymap mode? I have desinstalled the mod and the game, but now I have reinstalled the game and agc eep, and when I start an agc eep game the map is all fucked up, and the search function doesn't find any mymap files anymore...

PS: I am using windows vista.

Open the Map folder of EU2 install folder, remove incgrid.tbl and rename incgrid_vanilla.tbl to incgrid.tbl.
Or search and find both files if EU2 is installed in "Program files" (not recommended, better install elswhere).

Hi you all, I just downloaded MyMap (version 1.65, the newest I believe), and it works perfectly if it weren't for one thing:

I wondered what this 'quasi-terra incognita' area was doing in the map, as i thought it shouldn't be there. :mad: But maybe there is already some experience with this 'feature'? Any solutions?

note: Notice my fleet has entered the white area, so any movement within it won't solve the problem, apparently.

Thanks in advance! ;)

Mats_SX said:
That it is closer to be finished every day, perhaps?

There is no date and there will be no date. I think Garbon and the HC has been pretty clear about this.
i have to say the following since my understanding is that "Garbon" is in charge of finishing the map:
after playing agceep for years, i noticed that many(NOT all) of the events and logical structures he implements are of an abstract value. i consider myself a "conservative" player and i think i really see his perspective, but i have a personal doubt i will enjoy the new map and will reason what "could have been" instead of what the imposed game style would "like me to be".

i could be wrong and i hope so. but at the moment i doubt that. my reasoning is based on judging "character ideology", wich sometimes just do not match. nothing wrong with diffrences of course, they just not tangible sometimes. and in eu2 will resume and relate to "style" and especially "interpretations" compatibility.
so, myself i will be curious about the new map i guess, but i am certanlly not impatient awaiting its eventual release.

edit: not to diss anyone from agceep, but "mymap" has been released after a few days work(by anghus pasha). a FEW days(the modding tools just came out a week or so before that, so it could not been longer then that even supposing "pasha" had advanced information or something) . it just came from nowhere...yes it has some flaws...but for a few days work and its MANY followers( my impression is that more players play mymap then watck) the map must be F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C( meaning as people percive it to be).
Ah, and "pasha" fixed all the bugs(there were many ctd's in the very first version) within TWO weeks...i remember becouse i was "there"(forum, asking question testing each beta,etc) every day in that period.

this reminds me of those highlly "anticipated" movies...big budgets, etc...after months and months of commercials people FINALLY get to see it, only to be forgatten soon after, while an indy film can be more appreciated for its originality as much as for the SURPRISE it is causing... the only diffrence would be that people are spending money for movies .

so for anyone counting on "perfection" factor as beeing the strenght of such map, should consider the "imperfect" definitions that the people willing to play it will have :D.

Last edited:
YodaMaster said:
This is the well known bug for modded maps.

You have to launch MyMap with the devoted bat file (or use Mod Launcher by KaRei).
Thanks for reply Yoda Master, but I'm afraid I have no idea what a bat file is or where to get it. Maybe you could give some further specification on a bat file, or a link to the designated thread perhaps? Thanks a lot! ;)

Mod launcher also looks good, but I'm afraid it wont work with Vista.

Thanks again!

beregic said:
i have to say the following since my understanding is that "Garbon" is in charge of finishing the map:
after playing agceep for years, i noticed that many(NOT all) of the events and logical structures he implements are of an abstract value. i consider myself a "conservative" player and i think i really see his perspective, but i have a personal doubt i will enjoy the new map and will reason what "could have been" instead of what the imposed game style would "like me to be".
Being in charge doesn't mean he was alone for the design. But a map designed for a game is always the result of simplifications, abstractions and choices. There is a goal behind. And we have goals.

And big budget is not really the case. It is for free and made on free time. Maybe Agung was a mapmaker master and maybe he had a lot of free time. Just before we never heard of him anymore, he had even proposed to help HC in making our map. Too bad for us and all players.

samsonov13 said:
Thanks for reply Yoda Master, but I'm afraid I have no idea what a bat file is or where to get it. Maybe you could give some further specification on a bat file, or a link to the designated thread perhaps? Thanks a lot! ;)
MyMap.bat is the file you should find at the root of the MyMap folder. Just double click it in order to properly launch the mod.

Last edited:
Thanks Yoda Master, I found the MyMap.bat file... but actually it was the file I already used to launch the game (I assume .bat file is the same as a 'batch file'?). So, strange enough, it doesn't really solve the problem to launch the bat file...

I'll send you a pic of my MyMap folder....

Is there still anything I do wrong? I'm sorry to bother you with this, but I just can't figure it out...
Maybe it's also useful to know that I am using Vista.

Thanks again. ;)

Yes bat extension is for batch files (little script). I can't help much with Vista. Only thing I know is installation of EU2 inside Program files folder is not recommended.

EDIT: I just checked the content and this only about renaming some original EU2 files, copying corresponding MyMap ones in EU2 folder, launching EU2 and reverting to original files after game is finished:
Code:
@echo off
cd..
cd map
rename incgrid.tbl incgrid_vanilla.tbl
rename incgrid_mymap.tbl incgrid.tbl
cd..
eu2.exe mymap
echo make sure to press any key for back to EU2 original version.
pause
cd map
rename incgrid.tbl incgrid_mymap.tbl
rename incgrid_vanilla.tbl incgrid.tbl
cd..
echo ok ...
But I have no idea why it doesn't work with Vista ("enhanced security" and Program files folder behaviour maybe).
As I said, try to install EU2 elsewhere and see if problem occurs.

Last edited:
I found out the mod launcher works fine on my system. So MyMap works fine as well now ;) but thanks anyway Yoda Master!

And this map is really amaaaaaaazing! Really enjoying it!! Who is the creator of all this??

CREDITS! HAIL! CREDITS!!! :cool: :cool: :) :D

Agung pasha (see post #1) but not active anymore for unknown reason.

EDIT: original map by MKJ as the result of the merge of different regional maps.

Last edited:
Absolutely. I just recently enjoyed playing it! ;)

Download it here.

I hope this one works.

EDIT: sorry to bother, but I viewed the AAR listed in your signature, and it seems you played MyMap already. So why the link? :confused: ;)

Hi, I need some help. Playing as France and I get a ctd at the assasinate henri event the one when you inherit the huguenots. I now there was something that needed to be changed in the event but can't seem to find it.