• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A couple things I noticed about Byzantium, after trigering the renissance event to see the final cores:

-Core on Ragusa but not the provinces between ragusa and the rest of the BYZ cores.

-Core on Serbia (err, or whatever the northern most serb province is called) but not on the provinces between serbia and the rest of the BYZ cores.

-A lone Core in the middle of Persia.

-No core on Smyrna province

-Seriously consider changeing the name of the "Macedonian" culture to "Bulgarian", its so strange to see "Macedonian" culture on the Danube...

Also, since I mention Smyrna, the maritime costal province of Smyrna really should be greek. I personally know greek people who where born in a majority greek Smyrna... there is no sense calling the Smyrna of 500 years ago "Izmir" and giving it Turkish culture. A case can be made for a few of the other newly created costal strips in Asia Minor to also be greek, but Smyrna is a glareing example.

Several of the questionable provinces in Asia Minor are Orthodox...but turkish in culture. I seriously doubt the muslims of then would allow missionaries to wander their lands converting Turks to Orthodoxy when the muslims of today kill misonaries and converts for that. If the provinces are Orthodox...shouldnt they then be greek in culture? (at least in the costal provinces) It seems like a contradiction in western and northern asia minor.

Tunch Khan said:
Nice information for MyMap Crusader Kings. What were you saying? ;)

You said that Armenians never held Yerevan before 1441

Tunch Khan said:
1078 to 1375, that is 297 years of occupation until they were kicked out by the Mamluks. The area was not Armenian prior to that date and has never been Armenian after that period. I am sure they had good reasons to move all their churches and establishments to modern day Armenia by 1441, perhpas due to the lack of followers of Armenian religion?

I was just pointing out that Armenians had been here for a while :)

Machinatorculus said:
I agree; we can cut a nice Assam out of it.

Not just an Assam province but also a a province for the Mizo/Naga/Meiteis/Tripuri etc.

Thanat0S said:
Hi Guys! When I play with Byzantium in this new version of MyMAP, it appears the following message while the game starts with "Fantasy Events":
---ERROR : (unknown data defined in event database) 'random = NO' Line = 2356 file = mymap\db\events\AGCEEP_Fantasy_Byzantium.eue---)
Check line = 2353 of that files and change
Code:
{ country = 1 }
to
Code:
 country = 1
or just get it from BigChef's save files
BigChef said:
Pasha, had you time to check my savefile?
That CTD was couse of Cajamarca that mistaken have two capital :eek:o get involve in the war. Just Modified that save files and have problem no more.
Your save files
beregic said:
pasha i just send you a save file
year is 1501 i believe keeps crashing on jan 7 ( playing as ottos)

from 1470's i had about 1 crash every year and i will be giving up on this map until is debuged; i wish i could help but i am not a programmer, so i will just wait

however does anyone know or think that the fantasy events are "guilty"?
i played with fantasy options "on" but NOT with wales or croatia
and how can that start-up error about byzanthum save files containing un unknown string???
Byzantiom was the same problem reported by Thanat0S.
and there is no problem with your save files in my compie. After modified Cajamarca extra capital :eek:o in your save files . get fixed cajamarca country scenario in BigChef's save files.
Just remember MyMAP have a LOT of country that consume more your computer memory, especially in war time.
and usually many war started in the beginning of the years.
So you will get more war with many country involved in the same times. if your computer was unpowerfull enought or unstable couse of many application that running behind. that will couse random CTD.

For now solution just turn on your autosave and not play this game in fast speed. and turn off apllication that running behind.

Hope this will help.

Last edited:
thanks pasha, i thought of that problem

however, i do have a very fast comp + no aplications in backround

how can i fix the jan7 ctd ( i tried 6 times on low speed ) and keeps happening. should i edit some wars ?

also i noticed this:
-the previous "mymap" was running somehow with intreruptions but i could do 400 years wit 1-2 ctds
- this versions crashes randomlly every few years, sometimes every year on my comp :eek:o . at start it runs VERY GOOD until to about 1470's

but check this: i played atzeks and within a few years i annexed everything around; and guess what...it runs smoothlly on extreamlly high speed.
also played granada and annexed portugal....same situation
but as ottos is just bad chemestry i think, grrrrrrr :mad:

Was edit my previous post.
and in your Aztec game, the trouble maker was annexed :D to bad she did'nt get any chanche to involved in Ai war that will couse CTD :D.
in your .eug save files open with notepad. and search "Azuay"
delete the red line
Code:
    city = { 
        name = "Azuay" 
        population = 1433.190 
        location = 163 
        fortress = { level = 1.000 }  
        [COLOR=Red]capital = yes [/COLOR]
        }

I guest with ottos you're become warmonger :D
Just reduce the game speed or save your game first before get involved in war ;)

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken that search should be for, location = 163. Make sure you check the whole word only box on your word processor. Alternatively you can just search for "Azuay". I deleted the second capital attribute and sure enough the CTDs went away. Woot!

*edit* Doh - same idea :)

agung pasha said:
Was edit my previous post.
and in your Aztec game, the trouble maker was annexed :D to bad she did'nt get any chanche to involved in Ai war that will couse CTD :D.
in your .eug save files open with notepad. and search "Azuay"
delete the red line
Code:
    city = { 
        name = "Azuay" 
        population = 1433.190 
        location = 163 
        fortress = { level = 1.000 }  
        [COLOR=Red]capital = yes [/COLOR]
        }

I guest with ottos you're become warmonger :D
Just reduce the game speed or save your game first before get involved in war ;)

thing is that i am not in any war...
Azuay is part of atzeks in that save, no capital...
i tried on VERY SLOW speed...

and still that mighty ottos save crashes a few days after january( after france declares war on foix) :eek:

maybe when you checked the save france choosed not to dow foix...?

(i was in a small war against baluchistan :confused: )

i think i got at least an idea what was the probem! finally austria ANNEXED milan ( choosed that ahistorical option) and game keeps running!

maybe want to take a look at that event serial?( most times austria VASSALS milan)...

Basileios II said:
An much easier solution: give them Italian as secondary culture.

Random leaders for Croatia and Ragusa (got tired of Serbian politican names):

RAG;Pozza
RAG;Zlataric
RAG;Luccari
RAG;Gondola
RAG;Bona
RAG;Gucevic
RAG;Gozze
RAG;Saraca
RAG;Boskovic
RAG;Gradic
RAG;Cerva
RAG;Zamagna
RAG;Rastic
RAG;Sorgo
RAG;Gozze
RAG;Baglivi
RAG;Bozidarevic

CRO;Alapi
CRO;Babonic
CRO;Blaskovic
CRO;Borkovic
CRO;Brajkovic
CRO;Brodaric
CRO;Crnko
CRO;Derencin
CRO;Draskovic
CRO;Filipovic
CRO;Frankopan
CRO;Jankovic
CRO;Jurisic
CRO;Karlovic
CRO;Mandusic
CRO;Nelipcic
CRO;Rukavina
CRO;Smiljanic
CRO;Subic
CRO;Talovic
CRO;Zrinski

Remember zo change the tags from SER to CRO anr RAG in the country.csv.

u seem to not realise that craotian names (in majority) end in ic (eg dacic)and not vic (filipovic), the vic endings are only serbian names.

If your made the names up then fair enough

Basileios II said:
First observation:

- Ragusa starts as vassal abd allied to....the Mamelukes? Shouldn't they be a vassal of Venice?
- Hum should be catholic
- The city in Tana should be Asow
- Rhodes should be spelled Rhodos ( at least the city)

The city in Tana should be TANA, a port the venetians and genoese used to ship russian slaves to serve in their colonies, eg the cotton areas of cyprus.

Thanat0S said:
I've notice another thing: The Culture in Thessaly is Romanian instead of Greek. Can You explain me why?

Congratulations for the great work! See you soon! ;)

Maybe because the Latin nations called all the peoples in the byzantine areas Romanians after the late Eastern Roman Empire

Nicophorus said:
Seriously consider changeing the name of the "Macedonian" culture to "Bulgarian", its so strange to see "Macedonian" culture on the Danube...
I agree with this supposition! ;)

Mad King James said:
You've never heard of the Aromanians of Thessaly?
I didn't know this people! Thanks for the answer! :)

Thanks also to agung pasha for the bugs solutions! Bye!

Semi-Lobster said:
That's a bit too anachronistic ;)
In 18th century, yes. In 15th century, no. That Charles the Rash was an HRE prince but a welche one was a thing that weakened is position as an HRE prince. That folks of Low Countries considered Phillip the Fair and Charles Quint as welche sthrengtened them. In present days Belgium, Wallons still have their own identity. Same thing in Switzerland.

Of course, what is anachronistic is my use of Arelate name. It was only to shorten "Franche-Comté, Geneva and Savoy".

Semi-Lobster said:
I gues it does make more sense for it to be French.

Welche culture would be to French culture what Swiss culture is too German culture.

Brandenburg province on the actual map is called "Bradenburg"

Can we sort out Switzerland?

I would say we give them French, Italian (?) and rename Swiss to "Swiss German". Habsburg Austria could have "Swiss German" until the time when they stopped trying to add it to the Duchy.

Walter Model said:
Brandenburg province on the actual map is called "Bradenburg"

Can we sort out Switzerland?

I would say we give them French, Italian (?) and rename Swiss to "Swiss German". Habsburg Austria could have "Swiss German" until the time when they stopped trying to add it to the Duchy.

Switzerland should have Swissfrench, German, Swissitalian and Romansh, Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switzerland

u seem to not realise that craotian names (in majority) end in ic (eg dacic)and not vic (filipovic), the vic endings are only serbian names.
I took them from the name index of Trpimir Macan's "History of the Croatian People".

And i think your theses regarding ic as Croats and vic as Serbian is somewhat flawed. Remember the Croatian royal dynasty of Trpimirovic for example? :p