My Totally Not Subjective Land Doctrine Rankings

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Jimmyfeellucky
Depends on what you mean by cavalry (definitions in this game are so tricky). Assuming you mean Cavalry/Motorized/Mechanized Division, MWBI is the probably the best as it gives the most specific bonuses. SFD would be next. GBD could work but cavalry are supposed to be fast which does not play to GBD's strengths. MAD obviously isn't a great fit.

Also the speed of a division is based on the slowest battalion, so there is no reason to play cavalry or HARM into an otherwise foot slogger force (both the infantry and artillery have the same speed). Check the division template and you'll see the cavalry and armor

Close...7/2 Inf/HArm or HSpArt is quite a useful template versus Infantryspam in any regards. Especially early on. Good Hardness, good Softattack, good Org, enough Breakthrough, good defense :)

Could you please explain? Why is that a colossal waste and how is it easily exploitable, in single player context.

You want AT to pierce through the tank divisions. If in a combat there are 4 divisions fighting, and none of them can pierce the tanks, the tanks gain a massive benefit in the fight. But, if just one of the divisions can pierce, then they don't gain this benefit.
Usually, when invading the SU, I have only 24 40w divisions equipped with AT. And lots of AT, I put 10 AT on them plus the support one. It'll pierce even heavy tanks, if you are upgrading them, though the AI doesn't build that.
If you put AT in all your divisions, you'll be wasting production power that could've been elsewhere. And AT is very expensive.

Makes the Artillery MHC an odd duck then though. You'd have to put a crap ton of artillery, and much less HP, to become an Artillery Division. At least GBD got an exploit I didn't know about.

You can also throw a bunch of different frontline battalions in there so relatively few artillery adds up to the plurality for the division.

Reactions: