• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kamuizin

Recruit
Jul 1, 2017
Well, long time that i dont play a Tyranny run, need to test the new patches and history possibilities, but with all this new material being launched i remembered the game and got myself in this forum to share an old thought of mine about who is Kyros.

So, to the facts:

-->With 2 runs on the game, i perceived that until fatebinder, Kyros had never made a mistake, never had lose and many being much more powerful than fatebinder had died at Kyros hand (edicts) or order (on Bleden Mark's hand).
-->Archos receive their power through belief, i'm not meaning prayers, but aknowledge of his/her existence and power.
-->Bleden Mark manifest a sudden interest in the fatebinder, even more if he take the anarchy path, which is highly strange taking the fact that Bleden, even more so the archon of tiers studied under Bleden and was one of the few of his surviving students.
-->I took the disfavored path already, but didn't played the Chorus path, but one thing put me in attention: 2 armies that hate so much each other that an armed conflict was just a matter of time had been put togheter. For a being so perfect as Kyros, this stupid strategy certainly would be childish.

Now to deeper facts:

-->Kyros specifically send the Fatebinder on all the missions in the Tier.
-->Fatebinder power is extremly similar to Kyros and as a newborn archon he could cast stolen edicts.
-->Kyros didn't send Bleden Mark to stop the fatebinder and allowed him to grow.
-->For the first time Kyros chose the same fatebinder to perform more than one edict.
-->It's hard to believe Kyros wouldn't feel the energy of one of his edicts being absorbed
-->If you raise Lantry's Loyalty, he will share his ink drugs with you, each one of them had an specific effect and one of them gives the answer to this thread... we will get there.
--> No one know Kyros personally, gender, age, height, weight....
-->There was once, Icarix, Archon of Time, which means time is eligible for magic in Tyranny and edicts can manifest themselfs as all kinds of magic.
-->The end game (before the updates), fatebinder rebels against Kyros as the first successful riot in Tyranny universe, developing each time more his powers, that are the same of Kyros.

So i had thought and reached the following conclusion: Fatebinder IS Kyros.

I don't know if the new end and new content can put in check this affirmative, but in my perspective, the entire adventure in Tyranny was the Machining of Kyros to set the right events that would eventually make his past self, the fatebinder, follow the right steps that would eventually lead him to the role of Kyros.

One thing that i perceived is that Kyros edicts somehow take the shape of existent archos of that kind of powerm but at a much grander scale (or at least an pre-existent archon similar to the Edict power). Be this true or not, Being time eligible as magic, at some moment the fatebinder would travel back in time (or rewind time as Icarix, but in a much larger scale this could mean rewind the entire world time) to start his campaing that eventually lead him to the overlord title.

So, any thoughts on this, someone?

Theoretically possible.

It's also interesting that Kyros has a connection to the Oldwalls. Just as you could argue that the Fatebinder has since the Spires seem to be tied to the walls.

You find out in one of the letters that someone suggested that Kyros had been in the Oldwalls/in a Spire about 50 years before the time when It's accepted the Overlord began taking over and instead of the usual punishment, the person was executed. Instantly, before they could say more.

Possible.

Also it is possible to stay loyal to Kyros, if one assumes that Overlord's original plan is 1. To create a new "enemy" for the Empire (it was built on the idea of conquest and refocusing it would take time); 2. To dispose of the two problematic generals, who wouldn't be needed after the Conquest ends (by either forcing them to submit to the Fatebinder or to be executed by the said Fatebinder).

There was a similar discussion on Steam forum of the game.

A couple of facts are problematic because they run completely counter to what the game tells us. For example, it's Tunon who chooses the fatebinders that read the edicts (Graven Ashe: "Once again, Brother Tunon selects you for the honour of proclamation") and it is his orders you act upon. I mean, it's not impossible that Kyros could be sending missives to Tunon but it seems incredibly unlikely given there's no support in favour of that.

Personally I think Kyros didn't order Bleden Mark to kill the Fatebinder for similar reasons as they didn't have Sirin executed. The act of breaking an edict itself is nothing new (though it being your own is) doesn't seem to warrant the Overlord's wrath and by the time you are a potential threat, Kyros elects to use you in order to fulfill their goals for the conquest of the Tiers anyway.

Maybe the Bastard's Wound will shed more light, with Obsidian planning to add an actual loyalist playthrough alongside it.

A couple of facts are problematic because they run completely counter to what the game tells us. For example, it's Tunon who chooses the fatebinders that read the edicts (Graven Ashe: "Once again, Brother Tunon selects you for the honour of proclamation") and it is his orders you act upon. I mean, it's not impossible that Kyros could be sending missives to Tunon but it seems incredibly unlikely given there's no support in favour of that.

Personally I think Kyros didn't order Bleden Mark to kill the Fatebinder for similar reasons as they didn't have Sirin executed. The act of breaking an edict itself is nothing new (though it being your own is) doesn't seem to warrant the Overlord's wrath and by the time you are a potential threat, Kyros elects to use you in order to fulfill their goals for the conquest of the Tiers anyway.

Maybe the Bastard's Wound will shed more light, with Obsidian planning to add an actual loyalist playthrough alongside it.

What's weird though is that if you read the biography thing, Tunon decided to send an essentially untested Fatebinder alone into the war at first.

It was only after the fall of the Bastard City that the rest came into the Tiers alongside Tunon. Then they got involved.

So either we were a disposable test to see if adding Fatebinders to the armies would help, or someone had plans for us.

--> No one know Kyros personally, gender, age, height, weight....

This actually isn't accurate. Dialogue with Sirin indicates that she knows; indeed, she flat-out refuses to tell you just to screw with you. Makes sense, considering that she has physically been in the same room with Kyros on multiple occasions.

That's the point Katarak21, she knows him, however she never speak about it with main char, no matter the loyalty, unlike the opening you got with the other characters. Into a future game we may discover that she knew we were Kyros all the time and had been instructed by old kyros to not let the young one discover it.

I don't think we're Kyros because we were unable to issue edicts until we absorbed/learned them. But there's also the possibility that Kyros is some kind of body snatcher (thus no real identity) and his real plan was to find the strongest archon from the tiers and use him as his new vessel - so in a way we could become the future Kyros. This might be the reason why the archons call Kyros him/her - depending on the form they encountered.

Also it seems the archons gain their powers when enough people believe in them. I don't know if the things are related, but it seems our ability to cast edicts is limited by our power pool which is filled only when you perform important deeds (which might translate to new believers). Kyros might need also his conquests to replenish his/her own power and has to preserve it, using it only when the archons fail. From this point of view we might have a big advantage over kyros (who has reached his limit with the conquest of the Tiers, while we have just begun).

I think the only thing Kyros didn't expect was us to turn on him - and from potential vessel we become rival.

@Khaylon, i believe the mechanics of the game aren't necessary what will define the history of the game, but they surely give hints.

I'm playing again the game, ending a run now in the anarchy path, and the more i got near the end, the more i'm convinced that Main Char is Kyros. I'm each more attached to the time theory i mentioned, that we're Kyros young in his firsts steps of power.

I can be completly wrong here, the developers will tell in time (i hope), but the more i think about it, the more it make sense to me.

The mechanics of limited duration edicts and smaller effects could mean the first steps of the archon development. Graven Ashe in the begin didn't had the power to protect his legion anywhere as he got later. If the few ppl on the tiers that know fatebinder generate enough recognizion to allow hit the cast of edicts, what he can do when the world sees him as an overlord...

Anyway, when we cast the first edict and later one of the fatebinders that came to check the situation try with us to write down an edict, he even say that "kyros probally didn't knew how to write down edicts at the begin and learned it later".

Finished Bastard's Wound expansion a few days ago.

Has it occured to anyone that Kyros could be a Beastwoman, or, at the very least, descendant from one of the ancient races that had gone into the Oldwalls?

It is obvious that Kyros's power emanates from the Oldwalls/Spires. The bane and ancient civilisations are deeply connected with that.

Has it occured to anyone that Kyros could be a Beastwoman, or, at the very least, descendant from one of the ancient races that had gone into the Oldwalls?
I can't recall where it was, but I could swear I saw a dialogue option recently where you can posit the idea that Kyros is a Beastwoman, only to have it summarily dismissed (both in the idea that Kyros is implied to be somewhat transcendent presently, but also denying that Kyros may have once been one as well).

Part of me actually wonders, given that the we never actually meet the character, if the "Fatebinder Myotis" with whom our character shares several missives might have been Kyros, though. She's the first one to suggest the PC aspire to Archon-hood, and seems awfully clued-in to the inner workings of the Overlord and her Archons. And that's in some level of contradiction to what we hear about Myotis from Calio (who characterizes her as somewhat dopey in her old age). With that in mind, there's definitely a Fatebinder Myotis...but can we be sure she's the one who actually wrote those letters?