• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The process of fixing/improving VIP:R is still not finished.

From time to time I'm still working on this mod. In addition to researching names of warships of almost any size which have been in service for the major and minor navies of the world I've tested some ideas while tweaking the ui for VIP:R. One of these made it to the mod and is described below in the mod developer diary.

mod developer diary 10 - minor changes to graphics

In addition to bringing the heavy cruiser sprite back I've also closely looked at Bebro's unit gfx. These brought a lot of flavour to vanilla Ricky. Since I couldn't use the original unit gfx from Bebro for this mod I'd to fill the gaps. Well, Bebro is also beeing known as Grand Admiral of SKIF, so I've simply borrowed some unit gfx from his works for HOI.

You'll see a new unit gfx for the second Washington Treaty Cruiser, while its former unit gfx is used now for the first Washington Treaty Cruiser. By checking his unit gfx made for HOI I've found a nice unit gfx which will be used as an Armoured Cruiser; the Light Cruiser gfx will also be replaced with a more appropriate one. You might be accustomed to the original unit gfx of these unit types but the new unit gfx are more easily identifiable.

Btw, I've also finally got rid of the infamous Mississippi steamer. Well, the Clipper is also gone. Both have been replaced by the unit gfx from Bebro, which were already used for Clipper and Steamer convoys.

In addition to these changes which have been made quite some time ago I've also revised the icons & descriptions of the naval bases. Though I could't remove the empty icon which reprents the civilian port I could reshuffle the descriptions so that the empty icon has the description "Civilian harbour" instead of "No naval base". If you've ever checked the gfx sub-directory of Victoria you might have recognised that the last icon of the harbour_size.bmp file, which should represent the largest expansion of your naval facilities, does never show up in the game. Well, now it does. For that I've simply reshuffled the other icons, so that the icon which represented the smallest type of naval facility (formerly the "Civilian harbour") is no longer used.

• 1Like
Reactions: