• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

M@drox

Inanimate Carbon Rod
35 Badges
Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Majesty 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
I have made quick fix for the resource issue due to infrastructure effect. Because the game does not recognize fractions in the province setup, I had 1 more unit of resource for any province with a unit of 1 to 3. Globally, the number of resources should be equal to design intent but not necessarily assigned to each county correctly.

Anyway, resources are still pretty scarce but most countries are running close max IC now. GER, JAP, ITA, SOV, USA have small levels of rares into 1940. England is the only that has some resources around 100k since they have all the resource rich puppets.

Remember to back up your current file in case you don't like this new one. Install this file in the ".../Arsenal of Democracy/mod-CORE2/db/" folder.

Thanks

By 1942, I think there is way too much IC and resources in the world. Despite the AOD effect of concentrated IC and infrastructure, it seems the production efficiency has too much of an effect for everyone. I may post another with the resources the same but high concentrations of IC being reduced after my current Japan game. I would much rather have fewer divisions in the game than I currently have.

Hey any update on this? I like this fix a lot but it does seem like theres too much resources now.

Thanks still struggling whit the gaga mod it is late '43 and we are (ger) pushed back in Poland
So i think hope not in 44 germany is finished (after the invasion) than we can finaly play the core mod, read a lot about core, like the reality (and the fast fixes)

Good work Team

I have made quick fix for the resource issue due to infrastructure effect. Because the game does not recognize fractions in the province setup, I had 1 more unit of resource for any province with a unit of 1 to 3. Globally, the number of resources should be equal to design intent but not necessarily assigned to each county correctly.

Anyway, resources are still pretty scarce but most countries are running close max IC now. GER, JAP, ITA, SOV, USA have small levels of rares into 1940. England is the only that has some resources around 100k since they have all the resource rich puppets.

Remember to back up your current file in case you don't like this new one. Install this file in the ".../Arsenal of Democracy/mod-CORE2/db/" folder.

If you don't mind I will include it in my pack. ;)

Cegorach you can use it but it still is not working well.

After digging through the post, I found formula efficiency posted by Lennartos:
Code:
 CORE's Actual IC = CORE's Desired IC * (CORE's Infrastructure*.0025+.75) * (1+CORE's Desired IC*.01)
CORE's Actual Resource = CORE's Desired Resource * (CORE's Infrastructure*.0025+.75)

Applying these formulas, I find these shortages from the design intent:
IC: -22.99 (excludes the any new minister and ideas effects for AOD)
Oil: -420.32
Metal: -1701.58
Energy: -3051.46
Rares: -832.19

If I double all current resource values (positive or negative), I still have a shortage but much closer.
Oil: -99.86
Metal: -192.58
Energy: -271.92
Rares: -124.38

So before I apply a non-linear method of getting global resources back to design intent, I would like to know if the AOD Ideas and Ministers are increasing the IC more than HOI2 CORE. Maybe CORE chose traits to make the overall result the same as before?

Tegetthoff could you provide an incite on any additional IC effect from the AOD Ideas and Ministers? Any rough estimate like 5% average boost would help me level global resources.

Thank you,
M@drox

Here is an updated version that works rather well. I think that all countries can run their economy to maximum in the earlier years. In the later years, the resources are not too abundant. The axis countries are still short some resources which can be traded for.