• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cotix

Recruit
May 24, 2020
Hello,

I was playing on my city a few days ago and I wanted to save the game before closing it. I tried saving the game in a Steam cloud file (or whatever it's called), but it wouldnt let me and gave me an error, I don't remember what it really said but it did say that it left a text file in the game files. I tried saving the game without the Steam cloud file, that did work and I closed the game, I looked for the text file, but I didnt find anything.
Today I wanted to play the game again, but I didn't see any recent save files from the city, the only savegame I saw of the city was from 2019 from basically right when I started building that city. All of the autosave files were gone too. I tried opening the savegame from the launcher with the resume button, it did show the autosave of the city when I hovered my mouse on it, but when I clicked it it didn't send me to that city, it sent me to a completely other city's savegame I abandoned months ago.

I would appreciate any help given, I don't want to lose my city which I spent months on.

Upvote 0
If you are sure the save was in the Steam cloud, not local, it should show here:

And a local cached copy should be here:
...\Steam\userdata\YourSteamID\255710\

Saves end in .crp , temporary ones in .ccs .

I am sorry that happened but I have no idea why!

You are sure they were cloud saves, not local?

Local saves and autosaves are in:
...\AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines\saves\

None there either, are you saying?

There is nothing recent there exept a folder that was last modified on 22. may which i believe was the last time i played on the city. The folder is called Temp and inside it is a file called 8f1eabb8-990b-4a11-8173-2506721be8c7.ccs

Okay then, rename that file to end in .crp instead of .ccs and move it out of the Temp folder to ...\AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines\saves\

Hopefully it is intact!

I should have said, you need to go into Content Manager-savegames and enable it. Then it should show in the Load menu.

Oh really? It must be corrupted then ... I don't know how that happened to you, sorry!

If you like you can attach it here and I can test it on my installation, but I have to say it does not look good ...

It's not the end of the world for me if I lose the city forever, that city was actually made because I wanted to test out the DLCs when i got them for Christmas. It is one of my best cities though so im only just a bit upset. Thank you for trying your best to help me though!

You can try if the file works for your game VVV

Attachments

• 8f1eabb8-990b-4a11-8173-2506721be8c7.crp
    11,3 MB · Views: 0
My game doesn't see that save file either, so I'm afraid it's dead.

I wish I knew how that happened to you ... I'm very sorry about that!

• 1Like
Reactions: