• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm your photo you have a row of Water Drain Pipes. Those pump out waste water(poop water, polution) never place those near your citizens. Those are placed so their outflow goes away from your city. You want to use the Water Pumping Station to suck water from an area.
oh, do i need to start adding a water pumping station all over the place?

oh, do i need to start adding a water pumping station all over the place?
What do you mean all over the place? Did you get flooding everywhere?

Water pumps will pump water into your sewer system, and the drains will disgorge it as dirty sewage. Pumps and outlets are standard parts of the water system.
Fresh water outlets will instead disgorge clean water (as clean as the inlets are). These can be used to create artificial lakes and rivers.

If you have flooding e.g. due to a disaster, it might be better to use the disaster response unit's trucks to handle it? It also evaporates, albeit slowly.

whats a disaster units trucks? is it the same as the pumping service tracks?

ya i have ahuge portion of my map under water. i ben digging holes, huge holes, and everything. i even added plenty of pumping services

whats a disaster units trucks? is it the same as the pumping service tracks?

ya i have ahuge portion of my map under water. i ben digging holes, huge holes, and everything. i even added plenty of pumping services
Yes, I meant those.
How did this happen? Huge tsunami?

In any case, using einer drains or sewage outlets and some pumping method (pumps or trucks) should help with this over time. Trucks only work, if there is a flooded road (or building, not sure about this), they will not drain random puddles. You can of course coax trucks into pumping for you, by creating an unflooded pit with a road and then connect it to the water, so that it drains there.
For minor flooding otherwise, waiting for evaporation should also be okay-ish.

Yes, I meant those.
How did this happen? Huge tsunami?

In any case, using einer drains or sewage outlets and some pumping method (pumps or trucks) should help with this over time. Trucks only work, if there is a flooded road (or building, not sure about this), they will not drain random puddles. You can of course coax trucks into pumping for you, by creating an unflooded pit with a road and then connect it to the water, so that it drains there.
For minor flooding otherwise, waiting for evaporation should also be okay-ish.
it happened because the river is overflowing in places. i have a neighborhood of 9 maps connected to each other. the drain pipes are dumping into the river. and some drain pipes are dumping into far away spots right onto the ground. now i gotta clean those up by digging holes.

A few ideas and suggestions.
* Several maps have rivers that flood due to crazy water mechanics. I have found that placing Sea Walls or Quays a!omg the shores can help control the river. Level the shore with your terraform tool first.
* Drain Pipes should be placed where the flow is away from your city. Place them at rivers edge where the flow will go away from your city. I even put some on a mountain once that flowed down the the other side away from my city.
* I have mostly stopped using them due to the pollution,flooding. I now use the Inland Water Treatment Plants instead. They pollute the area around where you place them. You can place them in your industrial area along with polluting industry. Or a distance from your city to controlling where you pollute. If you have Green Cities DLC the Eco small one pollutes less and the large one is almost non polluting. And you get no flooding.
*In your City Polices under City Planning you can select Filter Industrial Waste, this reduces the spread of the pollution effect around your industry. So I often place Water Treatment Plants in the middle to help control pollution.
* Did you know, if you select an item with your comtroller, like Water Drain Pipe. Press down on your right thumb stick, you get a info tab that has a description of that item.
* If you go to the Wiki on the forum you can find descriptions of what most items in the game do. That way you do not have to wait for someone to reply to you.
I work retail and my schedule is different every week. That's why there are gaps between when I can reply to your questions.
Good Luck!

RenengadeDragon, can i remove my drain pipes after putting in plenty of inland water treatment plants?
Yes, you can (and should) do that.
Depending on the map (and availability of inland treatment plants), there could also be an option to cheekily put the outlets into a location where the sewage flows outside of the map without interacting with any useful river (e.g a valley that opens towards the map border).
Inland treatment plans + water towers allow you to avoid the issues with the water simulation. The influence of pumps and drains two on most rivers is just too large. Just remember to not put water towers on polluted ground.

Chieron is correct. I only use Water Towers and Inland Treatment Plants in my cities any more. It makes for a cleaner less polluted city. Be sure not to place them close to each other or the Water will become polluted.

Yes, you can (and should) do that.
Depending on the map (and availability of inland treatment plants), there could also be an option to cheekily put the outlets into a location where the sewage flows outside of the map without interacting with any useful river (e.g a valley that opens towards the map border).
Inland treatment plans + water towers allow you to avoid the issues with the water simulation. The influence of pumps and drains two on most rivers is just too large. Just remember to not put water towers on polluted ground.
ok so my notes are these:

1 i place inland treatment plants
2 then remove the water pipes
3 place the treatment plants in industrial zones only.
4 place the treatment plants nvery close to each other.

now my other ssue is how do i remove alll of that water thats flooded?

* You still need to connect your water treatment with pipes. But due remove the ones that are not necessary. No need to pay for unused items.
* You may place them in your industrial area. You may also place them anywhere away from residential. Over a hill, in a valley, behind trees or wherever you wish. I sometimes make industrial complexes with them using power plants and a couple of buildings and a parking lot and perhaps some fencing.
* You may be a bit decorative with the placement if you wish.
* I believe you flooding problems will lessen if you remove the drains. Let's see what happens.