• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chieron

see the cop cars wont go that way

Attachments

• 44448b47-782e-419f-834b-7b8d28813fc1.png
    44448b47-782e-419f-834b-7b8d28813fc1.png
    1,1 MB · Views: 0
hello. are there any more new homes and buildings that i can add to my city? today is sunday thge 15th. i got the recent one that was about 15 days ago and am wondering if there are anymore.

i also thought id ask since im an older guy did the new stuff automatically add itself to my city that was on that "whats new" screen?

new today Friday the 22nd
i was playing skylines a few minutes ago. i built some road in pertnear in the middle of somewhere and put some res zones there. then waited a while for someone to move in. but nothig happened. what could it be?

do you need a video of what my surrounding area looks like? i hope we can skip that step.

Last edited:
A picture would help. But my blind guess is.
* Is your road system connected? It need to be. New residents need to move in.
* You need water and electric lines connecting your new zones to the rest of the city. The game sees the whole map as one city.
* Does your RCI demand bar show you need residential?(Green bar). If not you may need more commercial or industrial to balance the demand.
I hope that helps.

A picture would help. But my blind guess is.
* Is your road system connected? It need to be. New residents need to move in.
* You need water and electric lines connecting your new zones to the rest of the city. The game sees the whole map as one city.
* Does your RCI demand bar show you need residential?(Green bar). If not you may need more commercial or industrial to balance the demand.
I hope that helps.
my new built area is the square road design with the wind turbine by it. here are the pictures.

Attachments

• city1.jpg
    city1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • city2.jpg
    city2.jpg
    5,8 MB · Views: 0
  • city3.jpg
    city3.jpg
    2,8 MB · Views: 0
Thanks for the images. A shot of zoning and pollution might have been helpful to.
Things I would change and why.
* Wind Turbines are noisey. Cims do not like to live by them and get sick and may die if they do. Move Turbines to an area where they generate the most power. Then connect them to zoned area via Powerlines.
* Build Industry away from Residential. Cims will get sick living too near polution, ugly ground color. You can zone Commerce or Offices nearby. They are more tolerant of polution.
* Is that a Water Intake near your Industry? If so it's poisoning your cims water. It should be placed near water shoreline with no pollution. I often place Wind Turbines and Water Towers together away from zoned areas. Then connect to city via Power Lines and Water pipes.
* From your views I do not see why no cims are moving in. Powerlines placed in a new zone promote growth. I often place a small Park, Schools, Fire or Police Service to attach Power Lines to. Water pipes should also be placed also.
* Water sewage outlets should be placed on flowing water to carry pollution away from you city area. They pollute the ground, and shore down stream from them. I usually switch to Water Treatment Plants to concentrate polution. I often place them in industrial areas along with their pollution to minimise risk to cims.
I have Green Cities DLC. It has Eco friendly Water Treatment plants with little(the small one) to almost no( the large one) ground pollution. I switch to them when I reach the milestone that unlocks them.
* I'm guessing via the Water Intake, flooding symbol and sick cims, that you may have terraformed near your "poop" lakes. Polluted land need time for pollution to go away. Do not zone residential there until pollution goes away.
I hope these suggestions help.

note to the site owner: the email came twice that had the above reply in it.
---------------------------------
does anyone know how much money or how many layers of ground there are until users hit the bottom? and whats it look like? how much money do you pay if you could hold your finger on the button for that long?

how?
hello fans,

how do i remove the water from everything and every place? i forgot how the maps i bought are layed out. but i have 9. i been making holes in placea and destroying what can be bulldoned. what else can i do? i saved that oe persons's reply. im not doing every single thing thats listed because im from the old school. my sim town didnt do much like skylines.

note to the site owner: the email came twice that had the above reply in it.
---------------------------------
does anyone know how much money or how many layers of ground there are until users hit the bottom? and whats it look like? how much money do you pay if you could hold your finger on the button for that long?
It varies from map to map. Originally you needed to remove soil from the ocean floor to win Island Hopping from Natural Disasters DLC. Yet there was almost no soil to use in By the Dam. It helped make the scenarios eaiser to win when the ability to buy soil was introduced.

hw do i solve my flooding issue without making holes everywhere?
You can use Water Pumps to empty lakes or ponds. Just takes time. You can fill in any body of water with the terraform tool. Again it takes time and a lot of money during normal game play. Beware you'll caused flooding while doing so. I have put flood walls between my city and an area where I'm working to protect the city. Just go slowly in case of flooding.
In the Natural Disasters DLC there is a Water Pumping Service building that sends out vacuums trucks that remove water from your streets. Their only good for minor flooding.

i never put 'offices' in. i just use residential, commercial, and industrial. isnt that goood enough? maybe thats why my cities keep failing?
I would not overdo industrial zones. Office acts like industry but nowhere near as much traffic and can be zoned close to res. Industrial zones produce a lot of traffic and can bog down your city.