• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LWE

Lt. General
55 Badges
Jul 10, 2015
  • Victoria 2
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis III
Just placing it here to get bigger awareness about it, I've made a mod which makes the AI actually build tier 2 and 3 units at Impossible and Challenging (edit: Challenging level actually works better than I initially assumed). Here it is:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=479111830

Here are examples of it in action: see the Dragon Queen build a Temple to Agrela on a Holy Ground and parade with Spirits of Life whereas the Rune Witch attacks Nefertari's Veterans and Magisters with Elite Guards:

agrel.jpg

elg.jpg

Add also this as a secondary mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=459600503

and the AI would, at least at first glance, seem sorta kinda competent, despite actually suffering from severe internal bugs. It is still mostly an early game threat, although its mid-game attacks on your position may actually require some attention now, and in case of it casting the Unity spell and you needing to assault its capital, the capital will be defended better. The amount of units it builds is quite high, which increases the inter-turn time, but since AI unit death rate is also quite high, it doesn't reach a "carpet of doom"-like situation.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Ah! I'm happy to see this, I've been neglecting Warlock 2 for a long while mostly due to the difficulty not being high enough, I've been messing with the editior trying to make it more difficult but never had the energy to sit down and do it proper, I'l Try your Mod out if I can and give feedback on the steam-page If you want.