• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zylathas

Lt. General
75 Badges
May 27, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
With almost every update adding a content pack I have come up with some ideas for an Iberian content pack, which could be combined with a trading update:

My goals with the content pack are the following:

* Most important nations have mission trees by now while smaller nations are severly lacking in them. Therefor I think its time for a content pack that would include mostly regional trees;
* Celtiberians and iberian greeks aren't that different from regular gauls and greeks;
* Many nations exhaust their mission trees in the late game, I would like to see a more modular approach to these hence the introduction of late game missions;
* Greatly fleshing out the military traditions of Iberia who are severly lacking;
* More period-appropiate flavor is always welcome

"Riches of Iberia"

15 regional and lategame missions trees

3 mission trees involving the conquest of Iberia for Hemeroskopeion, Emporion and Massilia
3 mission trees for Occidental nations
3 mission trees for Celt-Iberian nations
3 mission trees for Iberic nations
2 mission trees for any nation that is not a native iberian but wishes to conquer Iberia (restrictions to Rome and Carthage might apply)
1 Mission tree for all nations that start in Iberia that have completed their mission trees

Demand Auxilaries
Feudatories will no longer join your wars and provide troops. Instead there will be a new subject interaction called "demand auxilaries" that will spawn an army under your direct control lead by a leader provided by the feudatory. A feudatory will be very happy to defend in your defensive wars, provided they are near your capitol region. A feudatory that will be sent to offensive wars will be less happy. As this feudatory will pay for this army and will suffer all negative consequences from its defeat. This might ultimately lead to new developments that might include a "social war".

Exploiting the riches of Iberia
In the early game most mineral trade goods will no longer be present on the map. You can now build and upgrade a mine in any suitable land (hills, mountains) that has an occupied holding. This might lead to new trade goods like silver, gold, copper, iron, tin etc. Your characters will be the main driving force behind exploiting the mine and who is assigned to what will be very important as a succesful mine might lead to a lot of gold for both your character and you.

Two new military traditions:
Western-greek traditions for Hemeroskopeion, Emporion, Massilia and the Italian greek nations with a greater focus on mercenaries and auxilaries;
Auxilary traditions that is unlockable by any nation in the game.

New gods for canaanite, iberic and druidic religions including appropiate treasures.

New events and inventions for all nations in Iberia.

Three new city sets for Iberic, Iberic-gallic and Occidental nations.

New army models for auxilary armies

Free update:

New heritages for all nations in Iberia;
A further fleshing out of feudatories, including no longer being able to integrate them at will.

Iberian traditions for all native Iberian nations;
Iberian-gallic traditions for all gallic nations in Iberia;

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions:
Celtiberians and iberian greeks aren't that different from regular gauls and greeks;
What do you mean by "Celtiberians" and "Iberian Greeks"?
Do you mean actual the actual Celtiberian culture, or the Celt_Iberia cultural group? (which is not "Celtiberian", but "Celtic in Iberia")
And what do you mean by Iberian Greeks? You mean Iberian culture group, or the Greek culture group colonies in Hispania?

Greatly fleshing out the military traditions of Iberia who are severly lacking;
Definitely agree.
The "Barbarian traditions" should be divided into two, and the Celtic one (for Celts only) and the Barbarian one (for all other Barbarians)

Celtic traditions:
-Gaulish path (Focused in heavy infantry and pitched battles)
-Britannic path (Focused on chariots and cavalry)
-Hispanian path (Focused on light infantry, terrain modifiers and attrition for enemies)

Barbarian traditions:
-Germanic path (Focused on light infantry and archers)
-Iberic path (Focused on heavy cavalry, and navy)
-Baltic path (Focused on archers, light cavalry and attrition for enemies)

However, as far as Hispania is concerned, it would be even better if they had an entire tradition group with paths for the three main Hispanic cultures (Celts, Iberians and Aquitanians) since warfare tactics in that region did not follow strict cultural lines and was more... erratic.
The Celtiberians (celtic group) used pitched warfare with shock troops like the Edetani (Iberian group), but the Lusitanians (Celtic group) used more guerrilla type warfare like the Vascones (Aquitanian group)
The Cantabrians (celtic group) used more cavalry like the Iberians (Iberian group), but the Gallaecians (celtic group) used more infantry instead.

These differences in warfare in Hispania were more due to economic pressures (more developed regions near the mediterranean would afford standing armies and conventional warfare, the less developed/more isolated ones in the Atlantic would resort to guerilla and local militias) and geographical pressures (Mountainous/Forested areas naturally resorted more to ambushes and infantry, while the flatter areas resorted more to shock tactics and cavalry) and not so much along cultural lines.

So alternatively, Hispanic Traditions with 3 paths:

Iberic Path: focused on navy, heavy infantry, light cavalry and discipline (used by semi-civilized nations mostly on the Mediterranean coast)

Celtiberian Path: focused on heavy cavalry, fort defense and morale (used by those in wealthier and flatter territories, who play agressively)

Celtic Path: focused on light infantry, morale, attrition for enemies and heavy terrain bonus (used by those in poorer, more mountainous/forested territories who play defensively)

Three new city sets for Iberic, Iberic-gallic and Occidental nations
Again, what is "Iberic-Gallic"? You mean the Celt_Iberia culture group?

If so I agree there should be a different architectural set for Iberians and for the Celts, they all share the "tribal" style, despite having completely different architectures.

Iberians were more "civilized" and shared a style more akin to other Mediteranean cultures:
smyrna.jpgpoblado1.jpg303ba366dc4447c796a4b2077b259f1d.jpg

The Celts were a bit more "primitive" from an architectural point of view:
img_221845.jpg3919695df198d63c339951e8aa308019.jpgRecreación de Poblado Astur-Celta. (DocPlayer).jpg

I'm not so sure about the Occidental culture group, to be fair i have no idea what their architecture looked like, but I assume it was primitive as well similar to the Celtic architecture (due to the lack of ruins in their regions, i'd imagine they built mostly on wood).

New army models for auxilary armies
Iberians already have unique models, which look pretty good imo.
But I agree the Celts should use a different model from the Gauls.
The Gaulish model does mostly fit the Celts in Iberia, (Montfortino helmets, Antenae swords, Sctum shields). But the trousers don't, most Celts in Iberia used skirts instead (Notably exception being the Bracari, who were literally named after their trousers).
And also, the Levy model should use the lighter Caetra instead of the heavier Scutum.

Here is my suggestion:
Celts of Iberia.png
Left: Levy (based on the Gallaecian statues)
Right: Legion (based on a fibulae found in Brigantium)

The Aquitanians also could use unique models, although information on them is very scarce and the only distinctive feature we have of them is the use of double edge battleaxes (arguably cerimonial)
Aquitanians.png
Left: Levy
Right: Legion
Iberian traditions for all native Iberian nations;
Iberian-gallic traditions for all gallic nations in Iberia;
There were no Gallic nations in Iberia, there were Celtic nations, but not Gaulish.
All Gauls were Celts
Not all Celts were Gauls.
These words are not used interchangeably.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Hispania desperately needs attention.
As it is right now, AI Carthage steamrolls them.
And there's really nothing unique about the area, besides one of the Pillars of Hercules.
It's just a part of the map to conquer, for the sake of conquering.
And yes, please increase the number of missions while decreasing their size.