• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the cause.

When pagans hold the festival specific to their religion (the one you can pick from the Intrigue tab), if you have two homosexual vassals, then you will get an event where your ruler stumbles outside to take a piss and catches your two vassals "kissing passionately." Your ruler is aghast and receives a -15 relations penalty with the two vassals. The event is supposed to set those two vassals as lovers of one another, but due to an error in the coding, it makes both of them a lover of YOUR RULER. So I guess the part of the event that isn't described is that your drunken ruler says "Count me in!" and jumps in, making it a menage-a-trois, and the -15 relations penalty is your vassals being jealous of you for stealing the other vassal's affection from them. ;)

Report it for us, please.

I interpret it as your character being bisexual. You don't get the fertility debuff because you don't have any problems sleeping with women, but you can still take a male lover.

Did someone say homosexual vikings? :D

Rmyef8x.jpg

I noticed as playing King of Sweden that the Vikings sure have a larger number of Homosexuals than other cultures, is this Working as designed?

Not even Vikings can resist a blonde, blue eyed, muscle and toned Viking.

When Norsemen join the Varangian guard, I picture them spending half their time actually fighting, and the other half in a monastic order dedicated to "Greek Love".

I noticed as playing King of Sweden that the Vikings sure have a larger number of Homosexuals than other cultures, is this Working as designed?

To clarify what the others were alluding to, there is an event for those that join the Varangian guard to come back homosexual. Its actually a fairly substantial chance, and with so many joining, it does tend to make a lot of the norse homosexual. So yes WAD, maybe an oversight though.

Clearly a bug - and one that could cause offense to boot - I'd report it....last thing the game needs is bad publicity ((from either side of the aisle)).

Reactions:
Clearly a bug - and one that could cause offense to boot - I'd report it....last thing the game needs is bad publicity ((from either side of the aisle)).

What, offense from your character being homosexual? You know there is a trait in game that can make any character, including yours, homo right?
Yea no, the era you could claim being offended by homosexuality being in a game (and have it do anything but give you backlash) is long gone buddy

Reactions:
What, offense from your character being homosexual? You know there is a trait in game that can make any character, including yours, homo right?
Yea no, the era you could claim being offended by homosexuality being in a game (and have it do anything but give you backlash) is long gone buddy
'merica, I guess.

I'm still straight. He's the one who has Homosexual. I don't. But he has schemed his way inside me anyway.
If you wake up after a wild party and find another guy sucking your morning wood, it doesn't make you homosexual. But the proper etiquette for tough warrior kings does require smashing his skull, preferably after you have taken your "D" out of his mouth to avoid collateral damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.