• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The title of this thread could have been very misleading - it could have been about a very promiscuous duchess!

But yeah I didn't realize this could happen. Kind of cool becuase there are so few homosexuals in game, it's hard to imagine any of them ever realistically hooking up. It's nice to know they can get some action too.

When playing as the Norse:

When you go Varangian...

This happened to me recently while playing as a Slavic pagan (post-Charlemagne). Except my heterosexual ruler had not one, but TWO secret gay lovers, one of whom was his heir and member of his dynasty. At first I thought it was just a localization error, so when you moused over the character's portrait instead of saying "your cousin" or whatever it said "your lover," but no. Both dudes appeared in the "Relationships" tab of my ruler's character screen under the "Lovers" section.

Here's the cause.

When pagans hold the festival specific to their religion (the one you can pick from the Intrigue tab), if you have two homosexual vassals, then you will get an event where your ruler stumbles outside to take a piss and catches your two vassals "kissing passionately." Your ruler is aghast and receives a -15 relations penalty with the two vassals. The event is supposed to set those two vassals as lovers of one another, but due to an error in the coding, it makes both of them a lover of YOUR RULER. So I guess the part of the event that isn't described is that your drunken ruler says "Count me in!" and jumps in, making it a menage-a-trois, and the -15 relations penalty is your vassals being jealous of you for stealing the other vassal's affection from them. ;)

Reactions:
I'm sure I never had the trait, it's not something I would have missed. I haven't been homosexual for a single day of my life, except for the fact that apparently I have had a lot of sex with that guy.

okay you arent gay(but you did sleep a lot with a guys without knowing, damn sleepwalking), but what about your character? did HE had the trait?

i love when people refer to their characters as themselves, makes all type of weird ass posts

also are you a fan of rayo vallecano?

So I'm guessing when it hit midnight, you just did the spread eagle, closed your eyes and let whatever happened happen? It never existed if your eyes were closed! Swallow the evidence!

what's the pun here? what's "D"?

Down Low.

older slang term , African-American origin for keeping an act, action secret, usualy in reference to male-male sex.

In this case its great way to keep your spymaster at 100% opinion.

EDIT: Lol just re read title, and its probably not Down Low but something that may be more obvious, a four letter word that begins with D

Reactions:
But yeah, I've had this happen to me before, I'd like to know why too.
Umm, we're cool with that and all, but you sure you wanna be so open about things like that?

okay you arent gay(but you did sleep a lot with a guys without knowing, damn sleepwalking), but what about your character? did HE had the trait?

i love when people refer to their characters as themselves, makes all type of weird ass posts

also are you a fan of rayo vallecano?

Hey, now that you mention it, I should have named the thread "I'm straight but I love the D" :p. Rayo Vallecano is nice, I like that team, but no, I support Atlético de Madrid. That's why I have the "2014 champions" bit.

This happened to me recently while playing as a Slavic pagan (post-Charlemagne). Except my heterosexual ruler had not one, but TWO secret gay lovers, one of whom was his heir and member of his dynasty. At first I thought it was just a localization error, so when you moused over the character's portrait instead of saying "your cousin" or whatever it said "your lover," but no. Both dudes appeared in the "Relationships" tab of my ruler's character screen under the "Lovers" section.

Here's the cause.

When pagans hold the festival specific to their religion (the one you can pick from the Intrigue tab), if you have two homosexual vassals, then you will get an event where your ruler stumbles outside to take a piss and catches your two vassals "kissing passionately." Your ruler is aghast and receives a -15 relations penalty with the two vassals. The event is supposed to set those two vassals as lovers of one another, but due to an error in the coding, it makes both of them a lover of YOUR RULER. So I guess the part of the event that isn't described is that your drunken ruler says "Count me in!" and jumps in, making it a menage-a-trois, and the -15 relations penalty is your vassals being jealous of you for stealing the other vassal's affection from them. ;)

Yep, that's probably it. I already had 2 (female) lovers at that time, which would explain why I only gained 1 of them and not both as lovers (maximum is 3). I don't remember that event popping up for me, but it could have happened, Ï click without reading sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.