• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyaN

Shifty Mediterranean
102 Badges
May 9, 2008
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Magicka
  • Sengoku
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • BATTLETECH
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
So, I'm just trying to understand the mechanics behind this situation (vanilla CK2, latest patch).

I am a viking. I like women, beer, hanging Christians, talking too loud, wrestling with bears and playing Dark Ages football. I have decided to appoint as my Spymaster an old, hairy, dirty-looking guy who happens to be homosexual; and some years later, when I'm checking my relationships, I notice that I'm his lover. I'm still straight. He's the one who has Homosexual. I don't. But he has schemed his way inside me anyway. And then we kept on being lovers for decades until he died at 82.

(No screenshots, sorry; it was Ironman and that ruler already died)

So...

What happened here? Only 1 of the men in a relationship needs to be homosexual? Is he a secret woman? Am I gay for my spymaster, while still being straight generally? Could he at least shave?, it's itchy when he kisses me.

Reactions:

So...

What happened here? Only 1 of the men in a relationship needs to be homosexual? Is he a secret woman? Am I gay for my spymaster, while still being straight generally? Could he at least shave?, it's itchy when he kisses me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Volveremos volveremos
Volveremos otra vez
Volveremos a ser campeones
Como en dos mil catorce

A discussion in the Paradox forums is lost by the first person who calls his opponents "a vocal minority".

More importantly, who is the "volveremos" you keep referring to in your signature.

I chalk this up to the same thing as male duchesses: a funny bug.

Maybe you were homosexual before, then stopped, but kept your dirty old man lover?

I'm sure I never had the trait, it's not something I would have missed. I haven't been homosexual for a single day of my life, except for the fact that apparently I have had a lot of sex with that guy.

If Gaahl can be gay, so can your Viking.

But yeah, I've had this happen to me before, I'd like to know why too.

If Gaahl can be gay, so can your Viking.

I still don't believe Gaahl. It can't be true. It just can't.

Now that you mention it, my spymaster kind of looked like him though.

I'm sure I never had the trait, it's not something I would have missed. I haven't been homosexual for a single day of my life, except for the fact that apparently I have had a lot of sex with that guy.

But who was giving and who was recieving. As far as I understand, a viking didn't need to be a homo to give...

Vikings were cool with that kind of thing. Sometimes you just hooked up with a dude and sometimes you didn't.

It's a spectrum. Having the trait means you mostly prefer same sex partners, and it carries all the stigma that had at the time. Absence of the trait means you prefer opposite sex partners, but doesn't exclude same sex partners.

Reactions:
So, I'm just trying to understand the mechanics behind this situation (vanilla CK2, latest patch).

I am a viking. I like women, beer, hanging Christians, talking too loud, wrestling with bears and playing Dark Ages football. I have decided to appoint as my Spymaster an old, hairy, dirty-looking guy who happens to be homosexual; and some years later, when I'm checking my relationships, I notice that I'm his lover. I'm still straight. He's the one who has Homosexual. I don't. But he has schemed his way inside me anyway. And then we kept on being lovers for decades until he died at 82.

(No screenshots, sorry; it was Ironman and that ruler already died)

So...

Can I use the title as part of my quotes list?

And in topic, I'd roll with it (maybe by rolling on the floor after finding out first time), as this is something that, while it doesn't make much sense, I don't think this is too big of an issue.

You may want to report this though. Or not (please don't).

Can I use the title as part of my quotes list?

And in topic, I'd roll with it (maybe by rolling on the floor after finding out first time), as this is something that, while it doesn't make much sense, I don't think this is too big of an issue.

You may want to report this though. Or not (please don't).

Sure, feel free to do it.

I don't think I'll report it as a bug, honestly it was too fun.

Reactions:
[...]
What happened here?
One, I love "schemed his way inside me".

Two, it's pretty obvious what's going on here:

You're a secret bear.

Reactions:
The title of this thread could have been very misleading - it could have been about a very promiscuous duchess!

But yeah I didn't realize this could happen. Kind of cool becuase there are so few homosexuals in game, it's hard to imagine any of them ever realistically hooking up. It's nice to know they can get some action too.

One, I love "schemed his way inside me".

Indeed, excellent post all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.