• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(82367)

Recruit
Aug 16, 2007
Hey Guys,

I hope there are still some Vicky-Fans out there. After a long time of not playing Vicky I started again and this time I wanted to stop meddling around and learn the game machanics from the start. So far it works fine (having some problems with waging wars ... damn Clausewitzian vs. Jominian ... but thats not the matter this time). And now I want to do "the real thing": Modding events.

After some time reading the fine guideline of modding events on the VickyWiki I started to do my own events. In some way it worked. My problem is, that my event chain doesn't fire. I only can trigger one event via F12 then it works. But this ist not satisfying. Other events don't even fire via F12.

Let me explain what I intended.

First of all the "Frankfurt Assembly" event has to trigger. If "Accept" is chosen a democratic Germany is formed. This ist where my event chain with my event 1532 should fire. This should dissolve Austria and grant independence to all possible nations so only "German-Austria" remains. After this has happened the former created democratic Germany should gain cores on "German-Austria" and some other provinces (this ist event 3011).

My last written event 1533 should secede the province of Pancsova to Hungary since it stays with Austria and is far far away from the homeland what I regard to be unrealistic.

My problem is, if The Proposal of the Frankfurt Assembly is accepted, event 1522 doesn't fire. Austria doesn't dissolve. Nevertheless this event can be fired by using F12! The ceding of Pancsova however happens to fire just fine.
Next the cores should be changed. This neither happens and I'm not even able to fire this event via F12.

Till now I have no idea where the mistake is. I hope you can tell me, the noob, where the problem is.

Thx so far!

#########################################################################
# The Rise of German Consciousness in Austria

event = {

id = 1532
random = no

picture = barricade_vienna

country = AUS

trigger = {
exists = GER
# triggered by event = 4615 PRU Accepting the Proposal of the Frankfurt Assembly
}

name = "The Rise of German Consciousness in Austria"
desc = "From March 1848 through November 1849, the Habsburg Austrian Empire was threatened by revolutionary movements. Much of the revolutionary activity was of a nationalist character. Ultimately, the revolutions failed, in part because the various revolutionaries had conflicting goals."
style = 0

date = { day = 9 month = july year = 1849 }

action_a = {
name = "Long live federalism. Down with the Empire!" # The text displayed for this option
command = { type = independence which = HUN value = 0 }
command = { type = independence which = BOH value = 0 }
command = { type = independence which = TRE value = 0 }
command = { type = independence which = VEN value = 0 }
command = { type = independence which = SLO value = 0 }
command = { type = independence which = CRO value = 0 }
command = { type = independence which = POL value = 0 }
command = { type = independence which = UKR value = 0 }
command = { type = independence which = KRA value = 0 }
command = { type = independence which = LOM value = 0 }
command = { type = trigger which = 1533 } # AUS
}

action_b = {
name = "Long live the Kaiser!" # The text displayed for this option
command = { type = prestige value = 20 }
}
}

# The idea of the Greater German solution (without Hungary)

event = {

id = 3011
random = no

picture = paulskirche

country = GER

trigger = {
exists = GER
event = 1532
}

name = "The idea of the Greater German solution (without Hungary)"
desc = "From March 1848 through November 1849, the Habsburg Austrian Empire was threatened by revolutionary movements, much of a nationalist character. The nationalist picture was further complicated by the simultaneous events in the German states, which moved toward greater German national unity."
style = 0

action_a = {
name = "Deutschland, Deutschland über alles!" # The text displayed for this option
command = {type = addcore which = 831}
command = {type = addcore which = 830}
command = {type = addcore which = 829}
command = {type = addcore which = 827}
command = {type = addcore which = 767}
command = {type = addcore which = 771}
command = {type = addcore which = 766}
command = {type = addcore which = 753}
command = {type = addcore which = 772}
command = {type = addcore which = 773}
command = {type = addcore which = 764}
command = {type = addcore which = 752}
command = {type = addcore which = 774}
command = {type = addcore which = 765}
command = {type = addcore which = 760}
command = {type = addcore which = 761}
command = {type = addcore which = 763}
command = {type = addcore which = 735}
command = {type = addcore which = 733}
}
}

# Fall of Austria-Hungary

event = {

id = 1533
random = no

picture = minority_issues

country = AUS

# event = 1532 AUS

name = "Geostrategic reorganization"
desc = "As a result of the dissolution of the Austrian-Hungarian Empire the Province of Pancsova came under Hungarian rule."
style = 0

action_a = {
name = "I never cared about that anyway..." # The text displayed for this option
command = { type = secedeprovince which = HUN value = 928 }
}
}

Let me explain what I intended.

First of all the "Frankfurt Assembly" event has to trigger. If "Accept" is chosen a democratic Germany is formed. This ist where my event chain with my event 1532 should fire. This should dissolve Austria and grant independence to all possible nations so only "German-Austria" remains. After this has happened the former created democratic Germany should gain cores on "German-Austria" and some other provinces (this ist event 3011).

My last written event 1533 should secede the province of Pancsova to Hungary since it stays with Austria and is far far away from the homeland what I regard to be unrealistic.

My problem is, if The Proposal of the Frankfurt Assembly is accepted, event 1522 doesn't fire. Austria doesn't dissolve. Nevertheless this event can be fired by using F12! The ceding of Pancsova however happens to fire just fine.
Next the cores should be changed. This neither happens and I'm not even able to fire this event via F12.

Till now I have no idea where the mistake is. I hope you can tell me, the noob, where the problem is.

Although I'm not really an expert event designer I'd allow the game engine some more time to react:

The prussian event 4615 is triggered on
date = { day = 2 month = july year = 1849 }

################################################## #######################
# The Rise of German Consciousness in Austria

event = {

id = 1532
random = no

picture = barricade_vienna

country = AUS

trigger = {
event = 4615
# triggered by event = 4615 PRU Accepting the Proposal of the Frankfurt Assembly
exists = GER
}

name = "The Rise of German Consciousness in Austria"
desc = "From March 1848 through November 1849, the Habsburg Austrian Empire was threatened by revolutionary movements. Much of the revolutionary activity was of a nationalist character. Ultimately, the revolutions failed, in part because the various revolutionaries had conflicting goals."
style = 0

date = { day = 0 month = july year = 1849 }
offset = 1
deathdate = { day = 29 month = july year = 1849 }

action_a = {
name = "Long live federalism. Down with the Empire!" # The text displayed for this option
command = { type = independence which = HUN value = 0 }
command = { type = independence which = BOH value = 0 }
command = { type = independence which = TRE value = 0 }
command = { type = independence which = VEN value = 0 }
command = { type = independence which = SLO value = 0 }
command = { type = independence which = CRO value = 0 }
command = { type = independence which = POL value = 0 }
command = { type = independence which = UKR value = 0 }
command = { type = independence which = KRA value = 0 }
command = { type = independence which = LOM value = 0 }
command = { type = trigger which = 1533 } # AUS
}

action_b = {
name = "Long live the Kaiser!" # The text displayed for this option
command = { type = prestige value = 20 }
}
}

# The idea of the Greater German solution (without Hungary)

event = {

id = 3011
random = no

picture = paulskirche

country = GER

trigger = {
#
exists = GER #You can drop this since it's an event of GER

event = 1532
}

name = "The idea of the Greater German solution (without Hungary)"
desc = "From March 1848 through November 1849, the Habsburg Austrian Empire was threatened by revolutionary movements, much of a nationalist character. The nationalist picture was further complicated by the simultaneous events in the German states, which moved toward greater German national unity."
style = 0

action_a = {
name = "Deutschland, Deutschland über alles!" # The text displayed for this option
command = {type = addcore which = 831}
command = {type = addcore which = 830}
command = {type = addcore which = 829}
command = {type = addcore which = 827}
command = {type = addcore which = 767}
command = {type = addcore which = 771}
command = {type = addcore which = 766}
command = {type = addcore which = 753}
command = {type = addcore which = 772}
command = {type = addcore which = 773}
command = {type = addcore which = 764}
command = {type = addcore which = 752}
command = {type = addcore which = 774}
command = {type = addcore which = 765}
command = {type = addcore which = 760}
command = {type = addcore which = 761}
command = {type = addcore which = 763}
command = {type = addcore which = 735}
command = {type = addcore which = 733}
}
}

Hope this helps. ;)

Hi there,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it doesn't really help. I'm still able to fire "Frankfurt Assembly" (id 4615) but afterwards I'm not able to fire any events at all. Anyway "F12" tells me, that event xy hasn't fired yet. And with xy I mean the event which is required to fire the following event.

I tried it right from the start in 1836!

The Rise of German Consciousness in Austria (id 1532) doesn't fire, though "Frankfurt Assembly" which is required by 1532 has fired. "F12" tells me id 4615 hasn't fired yet, though it has fired. Does the date play a roll? I fired all manually ... I always thought that firing manually ignores the set event dates. Or do I have to wait till its 1848?

Hi there,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it doesn't really help. I'm still able to fire "Frankfurt Assembly" (id 4615) but afterwards I'm not able to fire any events at all. Anyway "F12" tells me, that event xy hasn't fired yet. And with xy I mean the event which is required to fire the following event.

I tried it right from the start in 1836!

The Rise of German Consciousness in Austria (id 1532) doesn't fire, though "Frankfurt Assembly" which is required by 1532 has fired. "F12" tells me id 4615 hasn't fired yet, though it has fired. Does the date play a roll? I fired all manually ... I always thought that firing manually ignores the set event dates. Or do I have to wait till its 1848?

I've done some minor testing and can confirm that event 1532 doesn't work, but I don't have a clue why... :(

In general you can test the outcome of events by manually triggering them at gamestart but if you want to know if they're actually working you'll have to rely on savegames. I've learned the hard way that it's beneficial to re-use an existing event instead of a newly written one because you simply know that the old one did work. ;)