• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

kdpimm

Recruit
47 Badges
Jul 7, 2017
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Knights of Honor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • King Arthur II
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • A Game of Dwarves
In Long (bullet points below)
To start this all off, I guess I want to say that this game has amazing potential.

But I guess that's the problem. Great start, amazing setting and story, introduction, every. And then Act-II where it all comes together and you have that moment of 'WOW. THIS IS AWESOME.' and then you hit the wall. The wall also known as Act III.

Lolol, talk all the Archons into being your bitches, or kill them all. What? Story? No, fuck that shit.

This game is AMAZING through Conquest, Act 1, Act 2, and then it falls apart. Act 3 is a mess. It's too short, too quick, and often you end it without really realizing you've done so. You just suddenly hit this ending and you're like 'wait, what happens next?' and then, it tells you that nothing happens, half your choices meant F all, and the story of those closest to you is set in stone, as they're all sent off on their way, because you can't change their lives at all.

This is a game about choice, but I CAN'T get Sirin out of her helmet, or help Birik get out of his armor, or repair it, or whatever. I don't get to meet Kyros, and while I get to choose my character's underlying reasoning, I don't get to see it in the game world.

My first play-through, I went the rebel path, not to rebel against Kyros, but to fulfill her will. She needed someone of Equal power to challenge and fight against her, and I wanted to be that guy, I wanted to stand as an Equal with her, form a partnership, where I'm the bulwark where she can throw her excess waste. But. That never gets explored, because I never run into her. I never got the chance to converse, or even message with her. I was just suddenly, an actual Rebel, not because I wanted to rebel, but because I wanted to be the faithful agent, that completed her whim and task, without relying on Graven Ashe who just wanted to stop getting hit in the head, or the Voice of Nerat, which seriously. Who would trust THAT GUY? He's literally just a colossal bag of lies, and the entire reason everything was going wrong in the campaign.

And what also shit me was I was trying to keep on best terms with Eb, Verse and Siren, Barik was already angry with me because of going rebel. Lantry was... Well, Lantry. But there is no choice in actually fostering any form of relationship with your followers, and aside of dismissing your party, letting them leave you, or otherwise not involving yourself with them, there is no way to influence them. So I have these followers I was trying to invest in, influence, and bang, nothing on that front either. And then I hit the end of the game, and I'm told they all leave me, because apparently I suck too much to be worth more then a school of psycho-killers, or a monastery. In one sense, I can understand that we got SOME form of ending, but in the other, that ending was too sudden, and it informed us that the story ended there. WITH SO MUCH LEFT TO DO.

TL;DR:

In short, the most important changes to make this game more complete, or feel like you make more of a change would be:

(1: IMPORTANT) Allow us to meet, or even just send a missive to Kyros to explain our intention/actions and get a response. Even if it's just a missive conversation that effects the ending in some minor fashion.

(2) Change the ending so that it doesn't all just, end suddenly, and there's room to influence our companions in the 'interlude.'
You need to give us more then "You did all this, now Kyros is stewing in her stew, all your companions go off, live their lives and die, never to influence the world again." This just ruined my experience completely.

(3) Allow us to help Barik and Siren, or at least try to.

(4) Make it more obvious when time's a factor and not a factor. Do I have 6 weeks to research EVER Edict during ACT III or don't I?

(5) Make it more obvious when you're summoned to Tunon's Court at the End of ACT II or make it an Unskippable Choice to attend or not to attend.

I'm sure there will be more that I remember/think of over the next few days, but really, if you manage to change the first three, the game would go from a 'good game with a bitter experience when you finish it' to a 'great game with an awesome story.'

Upvote 0