• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I checked it on a second PC. Today i was again at the store and changed the cd. There i tested it on two pcs, on pc was not able to recognize the second one was. Back at home, the old problem that on both PCs the cd cannot be read. It only recognizes, that there is a cd but not what it is on it.

my DVD Drive is a: HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NS30 from LG

I bought it in Austria/Vienna - the shop is called saturn

Last edited:
Yes, i tried different CDs and DVDs, it works fine without problems. The only thing i can think off is, that the game has a special format which cannot be read by my Driver. But honestly i have no idea, why it is not compatible. It is the first time, that i ever have a problem with my Driver.

I had the same problem. Fortunately I had another computer which recognized the CD. I then copied the CD to a USB stick and then installed on the computer which does not recognize the CD. It is a bit of a workaround but it works.

Yes, i tried different CDs and DVDs, it works fine without problems. The only thing i can think off is, that the game has a special format which cannot be read by my Driver. But honestly i have no idea, why it is not compatible. It is the first time, that i ever have a problem with my Driver.

Please contact the paradox.zendesk: support@paradox.zendesk.com

Esplain your problem. if they can't solve it, and you still have the recipt, they will find a way so you can play the game.

I bought my physical copy of the game yesterday at local store and had the same problem. With my DVD no disc was recognized. After installing another drive in my PC this drive tolds: "drive unformatted or in unsupported format". Beeing this the first time a disk was not working at all on my PC, I went back to the store, where the clerk put the disk in three new notebooks, and all were working. He advised me to use other PC and drives. After going to my university and trying some PC's, all DIDN'T work too. Finally when using a brandnew PC the disk was finally readyble and I copied the content to a USB stick.
Very annoying.

I have the same Problem here with a Pc-cd-rom copy bought at amazon.de
The cd is regognized by it shows 0 Objects so that i cant intall the game.
Tried the workaround to copy the files via another PC but didnt work out for me. :(
Is there a link i could download the Installation-Files or an Iso or something?
@Gaute65: Is the posted zendesk-email-address still valid?

Edit 28.10.2012:
I contacted the helpdesk and the sent me a digital Version of the Game via an online Vendor.
That worked fine :)
Thats what a call a superb support. :)
cya

Last edited: