• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You could attach just a few years by somehow porting it to Age of Imperialism :D!

(allthough 50,000 Frenchies in a provice next to you probably is a good reason not to...still, they might die from attrition. You could edit it to make it a snow province :D)

Farquharson said:
LewsTherin: I suppose this game would make quite an interesting conversion to Victoria, except that I don't have Victoria! Is there really a conversion? If so, and if anyone wants the final savegame, let me know!

Yes, there is a conversion, although it is not made by Paradox. I have used it and it works quite well. Here is the link.

Good AAR Farq, even though the Frenchies spoiled the ending a little..... Anyway, are we going to see a CK AAR anytime soon? I would be glad to provide support and useless advice.

Taking a vacation again? It seems like just yesterday we were filling your AAR with OT posts during your last vacation. Good times, good times.

I know I'm being redundant, but there is a EU2->Vic converter and it's been in my sig for quite a while now.

I don't care too much whether or you make a CK or EU2 AAR next, as long as you keep writing!

edit: oh yeah, I don't think I've ever seen Oyo in the top 5. Why weren't the other European powers (or Manchu) up there?

Very nice AAR, Farquharson! You're the best! You're not on top in the M-league, but you sure are in the AAR-league. Thumbs up!

BTW: It's good to see Bavaria still independent on that 1820-screenshot :D

BTW2: WTF is Oyo??

Deus: Help, help - I'm being sucked into the Black Hole of CK! Aaaaurghh..... And I don't know about mountain-unicycling. I mean, I've no doubt it would be easy enough to pick up, but it would be such a conversation-killer on buses... :D

zacharym: Well I don't remember ever seeing an Oyo AAR - but I think I'll leave that to someone else for now! ;)

Grundius: Please no! To be honest I'm really quite glad to be finished. It's always much more exciting starting new AARs than trying to finish old ones!

LewsTherin: Well, thanks for the link, but like I say, I don't have Victoria anyway. Maybe one day, but not for now.

the_shy_kid: Yes indeed. I have started writing my first CK AAR, and I'm seriously thinking of getting it up and running before I leave for Scotland. I'll be counting on you and others for useful and useless advice - all contributions gratefully received! ;)

Troggle: Hey - AAR-writing is hard work! A guy deserves a vacation sometimes, you know! :D And since this AAR is officially finished, I'm counting on it NOT getting spammed with OT posts while I'm away... :p As for the other European powers, I think they'd all suffered too much at the hands of France and/or Austria. Manchu's heyday was relatively short-lived I think which is probably why they didn't feature.

Meurtenµ: Thanks for your kind words! Well, yes Bavaria were still around, but really - how they hadn't managed to occupy the whole of Europe by 1820 is a complete mystery to me! :D I have to admit that I didn't know where Oyo was either, but I found them in West Africa. I think they also occupied some interior regions that I couldn't actually see.

Farquharson said:
Grundius: Please no! To be honest I'm really quite glad to be finished. It's always much more exciting starting new AARs than trying to finish old ones!

Allthough I never completed an AAR (yet), I can really catch your drift here.
It was a nice run, and you know what they say: Quit when you're winning.

Easily explained: Gujarat must have gone with "Call down the orbital meson cannons!" in the "Offer of Zloq-tan Intervention" event. If you recall, I personally decided to take the more challenging "Get lost, we'll conquer the world on our own" option... :D

Just read it all (took me approximately 3 hours), and it was absolutely brilliant and hilarious!
Regarding conversion to Victoria: Although you would immediately be able to create Mughalistan (giving you western technologies), the 100% inflation would wreck the entire economy.

Great AAR! Just finished reading it. You know, the last two maps of Gujarat actually do kind of look like a pig... Definately a Big Fat Gujarat. Hilarious.