My armies stop before going to the fort I tell them to siege

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Blust

Lt. General
72 Badges
Mar 23, 2017
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
Hello, am I the only one with this issue ? Basically the game seems to re-calculate the movement order I give to my armies after the start of the war.

Here's an example : I declare war on Japan, I tell my troops to go to Keijo, but if I wait one day the troops will stop at Kaishu.

mongolo.png

Reactions:
I thought I was getting insane because of this. Until I read here on forums that a recent change in one of the newer patches causes this as a side effect. It was about mothballed forts or sth. Also if you noticed, you can't cancel movement or reorder your troops to move somewhere else in some cases. I believe both issues are caused by the same change.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I thought I was getting insane because of this. Until I read here on forums that a recent change in one of the newer patches causes this as a side effect. It was about mothballed forts or sth. Also if you noticed, you can't cancel movement or reorder your troops to move somewhere else in some cases. I believe both issues are caused by the same change.
Which patch note describes this? The game changing valid move orders w/o notification should be considered a bug by any competent standard.

Reactions:
I can't seem to find the thread I mentioned but I ran into this in the patch notes, this may be it.

• Fixed armies ignore forts if the path has been set before the war declaration. Wiki
I don't remember the exact post but after reading it, I paid more attention to it in game.

I declared a war, sent two stacks in different provinces to two different predesignated enemy forts and after I unpaused the game, both unit orders changed in front of my eyes. Both armies now targeted a different province, the ones just in front of their targeted forts. Were those forts mothballed? I honestly don't remember. But definitely sure it's not a misclick or one time occurance.

Multiple times I thought i had made a mistake sending the army (like targetting the wrong province near the fort). This post... made me realize I may have made NO mistake...

• 2Like
Reactions:
Happened to me too. Was confusing at first and now it just annoying. You need babysit your armies even more than before.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Happens to me as well. If this is intentional, its hella annoying. Declaring war and immediatly setting attack routes is really nice for macro. You shouldnt have to wait a month for the AI to un moth ball forts, and miss out on a month of movement, or even worse, if oyu go click something else.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Multiple times I thought i had made a mistake sending the army (like targetting the wrong province near the fort). This post... made me realize I may have made NO mistake...
LOL, same here.
This has happened to me, but not so frequently I've noticed a pattern. Sometimes, an army I've ordered to attack bordering fort didn't move or just went to the nearest non-fort province...

Happens to me as well. If this is intentional, its hella annoying. Declaring war and immediatly setting attack routes is really nice for macro. You shouldnt have to wait a month for the AI to un moth ball forts, and miss out on a month of movement, or even worse, if oyu go click something else.
Especially when the "unmothball fort" is a weak point, and if the player does it, the AI goes for it immediatly.

The player pay full to avoid it. The AI can do the same.

So it cannot be a "wad" thing.

Reactions: