• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven't tried loading the save, or the earlier version of it since they rolled back, then you can opt into the 1.30.5 beta in Steam. Open the client, go to the EU4 page in your library and click on the 'Manage' icon (the little cogwheel icon), and under Properties -> Betas you can select the 1.30.5 version. Let the game update then launch it and on the loading menu hover over your saves to see if they still say 'Ironman: YES'. If they do, load them up, and you still can continue, at least my own Ardabil game is fine and still eligible for achievements.
Great that your Ardabil save is fine, and impressive that you call 52 years in one day "only". :-D How long do you take for a full run 1 week?

Great that your Ardabil save is fine, and impressive that you call 52 years in one day "only". :-D How long do you take for a full run 1 week?
I meant the 'only' as a comparison to others who were further into their campaings. I play on speed 5 and only really pause during wars or when I'm checking something. And I barely had time to recover my core from Biapas before QQ came knocking, I surrendered on the first day and became his vassal, then spent like 10 years under a truce with him, during which I managed to secure the Mamluks to support my independence and allied QQ's other vassal, Bitlis. and I spent most of the war black flagged while Mammy took care of things, still on speed 5. So actually my game really picked up in the 1470s, and I played for 20-22 years after that until the update dropped. So 52 years might seem a lot, but around half of that I was waiting for the diplomacy to improve to my advantage. I usually advance 20-30 years in a single session, spending 3-4 hours ingame.

Ahh, this might explain why I kept on crashing in 1446 while trying to run observe-games for some modding I did. I was so confused by not finding why in the crash dumps and my code!

Reactions:
Your apology falls on deaf ears Johan, 3 of my most beloved save files were defiled by your wicked deeds. There is only one path for repentance now. I demand of you to create a free dlc focusing on the Horn of Africa. The mere fact that Ethiopia has a generic mission tree is revolting quite frankly.

• 4Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I'm a bit frustrated doubley now, as my new game now appears to not be achievement compatible, which I started because my previous game was made thus by the update....

Seems like the message is: Don't play this game right now we're doing stuff. Which is fair but also is that what you actually want to be telling people? It doesn't sound that way from this message.

Edit: Oh I seem to be able to opt back in via the Beta menu. Can this option be added to this post? I was very irate on first impression.

Last edited:
Reactions:
When I saw the alert that a new update was downloading, I went straight to BETAs and switched back to 1.30.4.
Mighty glad I did now, Lion of the North done, Sweden is not Overpowered to follow shortly!

• 1Like
Reactions:
The release of the recent Europa Universalis IV update has clearly been a mistake and has damaged a lot of the faith many of you have. We did not expect that this update would corrupt ironman games or significantly affect multiplayer, and clearly it should have gone through much more testing.
Now if only you guys could admit this about the constant game-breaking bugs added to the new launcher over the past year.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I reverted back to 1.30.4 and now i can't start any ironman games the achievements are always disabled, i do not have any mods, and tried re-installing the game. Is there any solution to this problem?

Obviously, bad mistakes happening is bad,
but I'm glad to see the EUIV team has advanced it's policy to actually include apologizing for screwing up,
not like a certain other incident years ago where players got accused of 'not knowing how to play the game' after being wiped by insane rebel stacks...

(Sorry, but I'm never gonna let you guys live THAT one down. :p)

• 8Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Phew! Thank god I read the notes and took notice of it saying it was not save game compatible. I did think I’ll just run with it but changed my mind and rolled it back on steam before ever loading up.
My epic Portuguese conquest continues!
(Literally would of cried if I’d lost it)

You people overreact so much to this insignificant matter. Bla bla i lost my ironman save bla bla. Your SP stuff is so trivial. It's not really an achievement to do a WC as Ardabil or collect some wood as Norway. The only thing that matters is MP, and now it's working.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Is there a way to release really big patches in a beta branch for a few days? I know games like Euro Truck Simulator do that, to make sure things are working well, something players have to opt in too.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.