• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
People are insisting that some provinces in historically had low development and thats why some regions should have less provinces and have big provinces. I do not agree with that notion. Some regions historicaly indeed had lower development and lower population. but that shoulnt matter. All regions can develop. And in CK series characters make choices. Regions can start poor and build up they population and wealt. And this should be allowed.

In my opionion. CK3 should have alot more countys. Some countys should be empty to represent historical moment, but thouse emty countys should be allowed to be colonized by sinking resources and time in them. So every region can grow powerful.

Why Ireland should no be as powerful as England if Ireland rulers focus on conty development and wealth acusation. or why Isalnd should not grow powerful as Denmark if it uses its rideng wealt to develop lands. COuntys should represent possible settlements. But why deny island to establish more settlements than 2. CK3 map could easy double total contys ammount just make them emtpty so they can be colonized, but they still can belong to realm
as much as i agree, Paradox disagrees; hence getting rid of the Prosperity mechancis and ability to add barony slots to a previously poor territory in CK2. The potential of all territories in Ck3 will be locked from game start, and quite a few who were "historically weak" will likely be modeled as such to always be weak, meaning a player wanting to expand will be forced to base their dynasty out of kingdoms and territories that were historical capitals, to avoid being too weakened compared to vassals.

so, no united ireland forming an empire based out of Ulster, unless the emperor enjoys being locked weaker than whatever vassal gets the london area, and fighting constant revolts because of it

Last edited:
I like this post, however, I'll state that Ireland is... quite a tiny place, compared to the rest of the world. To feature this many distinct regions, each would have to be remarkably small, else the scale of the entire map would have to increase.

Reactions:
I like this post, however, I'll state that Ireland is... quite a tiny place, compared to the rest of the world. To feature this many distinct regions, each would have to be remarkably small, else the scale of the entire map would have to increase.
Look at the current CKIII map. Ireland is one of the least dense areas when it comes to provinces.

Reactions:
Look at the current CKIII map. Ireland is one of the least dense areas when it comes to provinces.

True. It could stand to be partitioned a bit more, I just don't know about splitting it quite this many ways. Some of the resulting counties may be so small we could barely fit two stacks on them, let alone a councilor and fortifications.

Reactions:
True. It could stand to be partitioned a bit more, I just don't know about splitting it quite this many ways. Some of the resulting counties may be so small we could barely fit two stacks on them, let alone a councilor and fortifications.
Well, as I said in the post, rationalisations could certainly be made.

Reactions:
Well, as I said in the post, rationalisations could certainly be made.

Well I'll say this much: I'm certainly there for any DLC that does partition Ireland a few more ways, and if the developers decided to do it, I would most certainly not be against such a move.

I would say Connacht needs to be split in two, Desmond could be split in two, Thomond could possiable be split in two, Breifne could maybe be split in two and Ailech could be split in two as well

Reactions: