• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The Swert

Yours Swertically
51 Badges
Jan 28, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
I am working on Kasperus' unfinished MWATK map and hopefully making some scenarios on it. I've already asked some questions but i figured i would make this thread now to place all the questions i'm sure to have in the future. Also you may ask questions about the map here as well.

So far i've been allocating goods, income, cultures etc to each of the provinces in province.csv and have placed a few nations for testing purposes.

Today i made some attempts to get the straits working using adj-defs.csv but it none of the straits i've added have translated ingame. I've had a look at the adjacent.tbl using mstats and none of these connections are in there but i thought adj-defs.csv overrules adjacent.tbl so they should exist.

is there something with this code?
Code:
From;To;Type;Through;Comment
#;;;;
182;183;sea;1548;Make Venice an Island
182;181;sea;1548;Make Venice an Island
182;194;sea;1548;Make Venice an Island
192;239;sea;1548;Istria-Zadar
192;240;sea;1548;Istria-Croatia
#;;;;
209;210;sea;1513;Jylland-Fyn
208;210;sea;1513;Sleswig-Fyn
210;211;sea;1513;Fyn-Sjaelland
211;212;sea;1513;Sjaelland-Skåne
#;;;;
422;268;sea;1562;Bithynia-Byzantion
405;267;sea;1562;Hellespont-Thrace
258;262;sea;1556;Attica-Euboia
262;263;sea;1556;Euboia-Naxos
263;408;sea;1011;Naxos-Smyrna
#;;;;
236;235;sea;1544;Messina-Calabria
368;369;sea;1565;Kherson-Tmutrakan
125;109;sea;1514;Friesland-Holland
108;109;river;0;Zeeland-Holland
108;107;river;0;Zeeland-Breda
108;100;river;0;Zeeland-Flandres
108;79;river;0;Zeeland-Ghent
10;4;sea;1521;Strathclyde-Ulster
98;21;sea;1517;Calais-Kent
751;34;sea;1530;Tangiers-Algecirras
#;;;;
687;689;sea;1020;Shikoku-Kansai
687;688;sea;1020;Shikoku-Chugoku
687;686;sea;1020;Shikoku-Hizen
686;688;sea;1020;Hizen-Chugoku
#;;;;
-1;-1;;;

yeh i got the stones working but the straits still don't work. Almost like its not reading the adj-defs.csv at all.

Yeh i don't know. I think it must be something to do with the map tbls itself. Maybe it is corrupted in some way. It's strange that you can copy over the adj-defs.csv from vanilla or any other mod and it not work.

I might have to experiment with that '1 pixel of province X bordering province Y' technique that you suggested to somebody else. Because you can't play without a strait across the Bosphorus.

cool-toxic said:
Well, you could try to extract the map and then inject it again if you know how to. That might fix it..
I just tried that with no result :( If i was to use that pixel method though would it not create 'normal' connections instead of 'sea' connections? That wouldn't be very good.

I gave up after i couldn't get the straits to work. Kasperus said he wasn't sure why the straits weren't working and he didn't really have the time to look at it. Without straits i figured the map would be unplayable so instead i've been working on a medieval mod using the WATKABAOI map.

I got nearly the same answer:
Kasperus by PM said:
Fixing what I presume to be the problem requires quite a bit of work, for which I have no time at the moment.
Basileios I, you should try your chance too. If enough people are petitioning him, this may motivate him to find some time. :)
It will be a pity if this beautiful map never gets used.

Maybe we could fix other parts of the map first, for example correcting the sea zones and add province culture, religion and tax values.

I will start some work of my own once I have time. I have zero Photoshop skills however, so I'll stick to editing the province.csv.

Did Kasperus give any hints what the problem might be?

I had done a lot of those changes. I had religions, goods, taxes and cultures for everywhere in Europe but it seems i've now deleted it all. If only there were others interested last November.

Kasperus's exact words to me were:
I'm not sure what causes the problem, although I suspect it ought to be found in the way in which magellan imports data about seazones from province.csv. If that is the case then it could be fixed, but it would require me to recompile the map with a modified province.csv, which is some work that I don't really have the time for atm...

I'm not even sure what that really means.

Edit: That's right, I uploaded everything to the link in the fifth post, so i haven't lost it all. For some reason i have 843AD borders but 476AD cultures and religions :wacko:

Last edited:
Maybe Cool-Toxic can help us.

He started working on an Old World map himself (with Elvain's and my help) until the project was halted due to the release of EU3.

cool-toxic said:
I could recompile the map with the new province.csv if you want. ;) And if anybody got some border changes then I guess I can fit in time to do that aswell. :)

Awesome. Thanks! :)

Ok. The only region so far which needs a little more representation is IMO Southern Italy:

Proposal1.png

Personally i'm happy how it is. Afterall if you make any changes then its not MWATK anymore. I would like to see Kasperus's version working before any edits are made.