• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gen. Marshall

Generalfeldmarschall
5 Badges
Apr 29, 2012
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • March of the Eagles
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
mainbanner_zpsfd7dcc88.jpg

Mussolini’s Mediterranean Delusion
by Gen. Marshall
Style: Gameplay
Version: Black ICE TFH
Warning: AAR might contain charts and graphics.

For a long time, I thought that Italian military leadership was somehow worse than average. I was right.

For a long time, I thought that mods like Black ICE weren’t all that different from vanilla, and that they weren’t worth the trouble of installing. I was wrong.

After playing the Black ICE mod by Panzeroo et al for only two in-game months, I realized that I was in a unique position to tell you an equally unique story, one worth taking up the pen for. I realized that in my first Black ICE game ever I was, without question, as poorly prepared as the Italian command. So, if you are to read this AAR, prepare yourselves for a tough ride (I sure have). Prepare… for Mussolini’s Mediterranean Delusion.

Obviously, I will measure my gameplay success by whether or not I possess a Mediterranean Empire by the end of this game. I fear I won’t, though, and so my main and most immediate goal will be to provide you with a good story about a fool who tried Black ICE. I’ll not always know the right options to pick, and even if I do, I won’t always pick them. I’ll go historical - and hope that the mod is forgiving.

Wish me luck.

House Rules:
No reloading / cheating / the usual stuff.
No cheesy impossible landings etc. (although the mod might already prohibit those)
Stay as historically plausible as possible.
Finish the AAR.

Last edited:
First before Ikarases !!!!!

Yay !!!

You mean... You're actually writing again? Praise be! ;)

Naturally, I shall follow.

I am in... you have bought my vote with your last AAR, though we did not reach the Wolga

You mean... You're actually writing again? Praise be! ;)

Naturally, I shall follow.

I've decided to put some more effort into my strong points (graphics) this time around, so one shouldn't say writing in the Blairian way, though. Either way, it was about damn time! That, and I've decided to leave a present for Tanzhang in the main banner...

Good to see you both three here, by the way!

Alright! I really like the setting and feeling you have forwarded with your introduction (or first post-ish stuff). It seems like the story can go anywhere and that your victory doesn't at all seem that certain as it usually does for the player vs AI AARs.

Cheers and good luck mate! :)

ps. If you didn't of notices this is now subbed!

Alright! I really like the setting and feeling you have forwarded with your introduction (or first post-ish stuff). It seems like the story can go anywhere and that your victory doesn't at all seem that certain as it usually does for the player vs AI AARs.

Cheers and good luck mate! :)

ps. If you didn't of notices this is now subbed!

Thanks, Derahan! There's a part of me hoping (and a part of me fearing) that I'll get crushed mercilessly... for AAR purposes.

Trajan font? :p

Ssh!

subbed! BICE, I remember that I told you some time ago to check it out, and now you did! Huzzah!

I find it funny how one of two actual words in your subscribing post is "Unsubscribed" ;)

There are more words actually, but every single reply is glued into one succession :p

But yeah, thanks :D

Still considering BICE as a possible mod. I will be watching.

I've never played HOI3 with mods, so I'm eager to see where you go with this.

Guillec in a non-Nazi AAR? I'm flattered! I'll even throw in an Afrika Korps for the occasion, if the mod allows me to :D

:D ask Ikar, I've followed his Hungarian adventures and now following his, let's say Polish, adventures

Ooh! Marshall has an AAR! :D Definitely following!