• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My game just crashes everytime I try to start a game. I get some fatal error thing. help?

my error: ######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000096 at address: 0x026A0AE8: PRIV INSTRUCTION
06/10/12 16:10:15

Last edited:
Did you try to patch a clean version of CK DV 2.1b ?
You should not try to patch a version which has been used with a mod before.
Instead copy a clean install and apply the modpatch.

At least thats what helped me when i had the fatal error problem once.

oh wait....do you have Win7 ? In any case, try to install CK in any other disk than C. Maybe internal security stuff keeps you from doing it right.

fresh install and im using windows xp o_O.

So you can play a regular game of CK without the modpatch ?

It sounds to me like an wrong installation.
Btw, it works for me. Just did a fresh installation and modpatching and works fine. As well with XP.

edit: Btw, which modpatch are we talking about ?

edit2: Did i see it right in another thread, that you solved your problem by renaming the AVI folder ? Good.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if this works for MP? Assuming another person has used the muslim/pagan mod as well.

Does anyone know if this works for MP? Assuming another person has used the muslim/pagan mod as well.

it should work well, is just a small patch, nothing else

Can someone give me all the patches in an .exe file. I get mismatch error and need a file that's already been patched.

It's still available as on the previous page, but you have to right click and then "save target under.." or whatever it says in english...as i explained on the previous page.

Hi! First post here. Clicky. There's two separate patched 2.1b .exe's in there, one with Muslim/Pagan and one with Muslim/Pagan + the marriage patch.

The link is broken, please provide a new one.
-----------
EDIT (2019):
I recommend to better use the earlier link called "Clicky" as i described above instead.

edit:
if anyone would prefer another download location, like Mega.nz for instance, just ask and quote me.
edit_2 (in 2021):
Deleted my old download link, Use 'Clicky link' above described method for the prepatched 'muslim+pagan+marriage' variant.

Optional recommendation
Additonal or alternative mod to use for muslims and pagans is this:

Last edited:
Reactions: