• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This mod is awesome, thank you! But I have one question and one problem. First, the New Republic Patch crashes with the Pagam/Muslim mod or any of the other earlier mods?
And the problem is that as a pagan, I can't claim titles, therefore I can just declare war on religious enemies.

This seems like a cool mod, but how am I supposed to choose a pagan or Muslim nation? I patched Crusaders.exe successfully (I'm using the latest beta patch and the latest version of DVIP) but there's no pagans or Muslims available in the country selection windows when starting a game.

You have to select any country, save your game and reload it as the pagan/muslim contry of you desire.
A question, anyone knows why my pagan/jewish vassal's lands never get his religion? im tired of seeing the jewish religion locked in my personal desmense only.

You have to select any country, save your game and reload it as the pagan/muslim contry of you desire.
A question, anyone knows why my pagan/jewish vassal's lands never get his religion? im tired of seeing the jewish religion locked in my personal desmense only.

The game was never programmed with spreading Jewish provinces.

There is a code somewhere on the forum about that. Go look for it.

Just a general feedback to anyone trying this.

All of them work, but some have quirks:

Female marshals work but she will not lead any armies and some random male will or nobody if no males.
Female bishops work but you can't create bishoprics with them.
Using females for either position means it's less likely or possibly impossible (haven't looked) to get the appropriate 'person for empty position arrives' events.

The only one that I highly recommend without any problems is marriage patch, think the AI can do this anyway.

Muslim/Pagan works but its a little boring/odd to play as one, dunno about Republic as there aren't any I'm dying to try.

The patch doesn't work for me. There are no selectable Non-Christian factions. the 1066 crashes with an unhandled exception error. when i click load a game, there are still no non-Christian factions to select.

EDIT: I found the problem. The Amazon version is incompatible with this mod.

Last edited:
Title Claiming and Creating Bug

I have had CK for a while now but was just recently motivated to post in this thread. I have CK+DV/DVIP/Muslim+Pagan... I cannot, however, create or claim titles as a pagan. Is this a DVIP compatibility issue or am I missing something?

There's still one major problem left over. While I can choose a Muslim faction, and create titles in game without a hex editor, the biggest problem of all remains: I can't go to war with Christians without gaining BB as though I were a Christian. This makes the game WAY harder, because any time I fight a Christian without a Cassus Belli and seize their land, my vassals get up in arms, which is ridiculous - if anything, they'd cheer me on. I'm playing Seville, which means the game is extraordinarily hard, since I'm always at war with Christians.
I'm confused, you can create titles? I cant, at least not as a Pagan...

do I just reload a few times then I can create titles, or does that only work for muslims?

I also get the file mismatch error despite having UAC turned off, granting all permissions, running as admin, installed to a non-program files folder, etc.

Can someone who has a 2.1b CK-DV installation, in which this has worked, host a patched executable file with the Muslim-Pagan patch, and perhaps another with both that and the marriage patch in it? That would solve the problem, I'd think. I'd also love you forever.. or for a few months, at least. ;)

I also get the file mismatch error despite having UAC turned off, granting all permissions, running as admin, installed to a non-program files folder, etc.

Can someone who has a 2.1b CK-DV installation, in which this has worked, host a patched executable file with the Muslim-Pagan patch, and perhaps another with both that and the marriage patch in it? That would solve the problem, I'd think. I'd also love you forever.. or for a few months, at least. ;)

Hi! First post here. Clicky. There's two separate patched 2.1b .exe's in there, one with Muslim/Pagan and one with Muslim/Pagan + the marriage patch.

Reactions:
Right click with your mouse on "Clicky", in the options it says "save target in..." or such.

I'm german but it works the same way...

right now i just finish to download the files i go to check it, if it does i go to let you know guys, thanks for the mod, is a lot of work, thanks for doing it you made my day

how do i install the mods?
Help me Plz):

Well i guess your english is not that good, as its all said in the first post etc..blablabla
Okay i stop complaining :rolleyes: here we go:

(Example. it may be different on what rar/zip program you have)

Put the file you want (like muslim pagan.rar) in Crusader Kings Folder
Klick it, Extraction program opens (7zip,winrar o.a.) Go to options -> extract here
Muslim/pagan.exe will be found in Crusader Kings folder.
Option: Save original crusaders.exe if you want be on the save side (program will make a backup file anyway)
start muslim/pagan.exe
Crusaders.exe is changed
Start Crusaders.exe
Start a christian/orthodox game
Save game
surrender
Start single game
Klick on the save game
In the country options will be muslim/pagans be playable
Klick on (for example) 'seljuk turks' in 'Kingdoms'

start - enjoy

Cheers :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions:
i downloaded the new republic patch and installed it then i went to play and they didnt show up then i saw the reply and i went to save it as someone said and it crashes everytime i save any tips?