• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dinglehoff

Lt. General
3 Badges
Mar 9, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • 500k Club
Now that I've recently updated my Vista, the music doesn't play but the clicking button noises do.

Do any of you Paradox people or forum computer types know how to fix it?
I've already messed with drivers.

Made no progress on this. Didn't see anything on the forums or anywhere else that would explain how to make the music work. I messed with updating, uninstalling, and reinstalling drivers and all that some more, which was mostly counterproductive. The only remaining option might be to revert these OS updates, which I don't want to do. Any further suggestions?

afaik Vista is not one of the compatible OS listed with V1, however the music should play. Have you checked the settings file to make sure the volume is actually showing as being turned on for the music?

afaik Vista is not one of the compatible OS listed with V1, however the music should play. Have you checked the settings file to make sure the volume is actually showing as being turned on for the music?
Vanilla Vic1 and Revolutions worked fine on Vista up until my OS Vista updates in the last week or so. The game still plays, but the music doesn't work.

The settings file, is this file inside the game program folder? During some testing, clicking directly on the files sometimes will play them and sometimes not in Windows Media player. When I play the actual game, no music ever, and I haven't altered the music stuff at all.

hmmm hard to say, bit suspicious of the update, if it was working fine pre it and now it doesn't

Thanks for the responses. I am suspicious also, but I had been assuming there would be a fix that is compliant with the OS updates.
There is a Victoria popup with display and a music on/off drop-down. It said disable on music and I'm pretty sure I didn't change that. Switching it back solved the problem, for now.