Multyplayers servers down?Cant sign in game. [Solved]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try using any Kickstarter or Valhalla rewards..You can’t. They’re tied to being logged in.
Not only those rewards like the special Atlas & emblems but also all pre-order bonus content as well like the Umbra Shadow Hawk

Welcome to online-only content.

Try using any Kickstarter or Valhalla rewards..You can’t. They’re tied to being logged in.
I am using them. I use the Valhalla logo as my company heraldry, and the stuff is all still in my captain's quarters.

The error type has changed... so yes they're working on it.
Alright I can't customize logo and colors and I'd rather wait for everything to be sorted out before starting the campaign. In the meanwhile I got trashed 7 times out of 7 on the river crossing map with identical light assault lances... which is very good. Something about Evasive, sure... but after all it's been 20 yrs since I last played Battletech (and MWO is a joke in comparison).

Kinda satisfying because I saw the AI from early builds and this is definitely not the same useless AI but something more, provided it doesn't cheat, which I have no clue about (yet). Gotta say I couldn't care less right now for the login problem and I suppose when that is fixed I'll also be able to see BT in the "my games" @ Pdx account.

Yes, these things happen with online auth services but it's the standard for all software nowadays and it's impossible to have it working 100% of the time. Yet, let's look at the positives... unless there was a major hardware failure, which is very unlikely, there's a big chance the maintenance to the auth servers has something to do with the number of purchases. I'm very keen on criticizing PDX for design choices I don't agree with but that never stopped me from buying one of their games. I have the feeling BT will have an even brighter future than Stellaris or HOI4 which in my opinion are lacking a lot despite having been released quite a long time ago. BT has just been released and all of this is totally normal at this stage.

Very optimistic and... happy, despite the problem.

I see the Lazy Devs post, become sad, and go and get drunk.
Sorry but I have to agree that this dev team is lazy. They ignored all beta reports for UltraWide UI errors. But the BIGGEST thing is they release a game update and decide to just rewrap THE ENTIRE FUDGING GAME instead of releasing a proper incremental update.

So that if a user purchased the game from 2 out of the 3 distributors they need to redownload the entire game to receive a 20mb update. THAT IS LAZY!!!

On GOG for example I've got with no problems whatsoever Transport Fever, KSP and the Witcher games where the developers releases proper incremental updates and not lazy rewraps of the entire fudging game. If that isn't the definition of being a lazy developer I don't know what is.

I understand if something like WoS, SWTOR, or WoWS can't be played when it can't connect, I know what I'm in for when I sign up.

But I didn't buy Battletech to play online, and for a game like Battletech, there's NO reason to have perpetual online authorization systems, it's just silly. If HBS, Paradox, and Steam all went under tomorrow, all the content in the game itself other than online MP should still be available to those who purchased it.

Sorry but I have to agree that this dev team is lazy. They ignored all beta reports for UltraWide UI errors. But the BIGGEST thing is they release a game update and decide to just rewarp THE ENTIRE FUDGING GAME instead of releasing a proper incremental update.

So that if a user purchased the game from 2 out of the 3 distributors they need to redownload the entire game to receive a 20mb update. THAT IS LAZY!!!

On GOG for example I've got with no problems whatsoever Transport Fever, KSP and the Witcher games where the developers releases proper incremental updates and not lazy rewraps of the entire fudging game. If that isn't the definition of being a lazy developer I don't know what is.

To be fair, some of the decision on how to release updates comes from GOG, not from HBS.

Requiring an active internet connection to authenticate game content a player owns is DRM. It is DRM just like these two well known examples that after being called out on it reversed their decision, EA SimCity and the XBox One pre-launch fiasco. It's called Always On-DRM and should never be a part of a single player game, ever. This game was suppose to NOT HAVE ANY DRM (hence the reason it is on GOG and HumbleStore) then PDX picked it up and we get this shit.

I understand if something like WoS, SWTOR, or WoWS can't be played when it can't connect, I know what I'm in for when I sign up.

But I didn't buy Battletech to play online, and for a game like Battletech, there's NO reason to have perpetual online authorization systems, it's just silly. If HBS, Paradox, and Steam all went under tomorrow, all the content in the game itself other than online MP should still be available to those who purchased it.

The game has no DRM. There are account-locked goodies that require validation, but the game is not locked by DRM. You do not need an internerf connection to play the single player campaign, or single-player skirmish, or mod the game. In fact, I play it all the time without an internet connection to keep myself from being bored at my kids' sports practices.

Sorry but I have to agree that this dev team is lazy. They ignored all beta reports for UltraWide UI errors. But the BIGGEST thing is they release a game update and decide to just rewrap THE ENTIRE FUDGING GAME instead of releasing a proper incremental update.

Lazy because they don't work night shifts? And I distinctly remember them saying that ultrawide resolutions weren't supported at launch, repeatedly, during pre-release. Same boat as Linux users are in.

The game has no DRM. There are account-locked goodies that require validation, but the game is not locked by DRM. You do not need an internerf connection to play the single player campaign, or single-player skirmish, or mod the game. In fact, I play it all the time without an internet connection to keep myself from being bored at my kids' sports practices.

And making those goodies online-auth account-locked means that backers and early adopters who paid for those goodies can't use those goodies without being online.

Yes. OF COURSE they're tied to being logged in. They are tied to your backing of the freakin' game. They are special. I, as a backer, would be absolutely livid if those things were not tied to an account. Imagine if how easy it would be for unscrupulous people to gain access to those things if it weren't account locked.

And making those goodies online-auth account-locked means that backers and early adopters who paid for those goodies can't use those goodies without being online.

But you can use them offline..?

If those "goodies" had any actual game impact, you might have a reason to be upset with a long delay in fixing the problem...but (a) they're cosmetic; and (b) it's been less than a day...so you can take your outrage [self edit: no personal attacks or graphic descriptions]

Yes. OF COURSE they're tied to being logged in. They are tied to your backing of the freakin' game. They are special. I, as a backer, would be absolutely livid if those things were not tied to an account. Imagine if how easy it would be for unscrupulous people to gain access to those things if it weren't account locked.

I guess it's a matter of personal priorities, then. I'd care more about having them offline, forever, without depending on the game "phoning home", than I would about whether someone else got access to them somehow.

If those "goodies" had any actual game impact, you might have a reason to be upset with a long delay in fixing the problem...but (a) they're cosmetic; and (b) it's been less than a day...so you can take your outrage [self edit: no personal attacks or graphic descriptions]

What outrage? I don't even have those rewards, in part because I suspected something like this would happen with them.

8E2FB20644946258F3A22CBEAF855782E83316E8

Valhalla rewards still in play.

What outrage? I don't even have those rewards, in part because I suspected something like this would happen with them.

The tone conveyed by your word choice suggested that you were outraged that these backer goodies were account-locked. Apologies if you weren't actually outraged...though it does seem that some people are outraged at this login issue.

The frustration for me is not that there is an issue, crap happens. But rather why not make a Twitter post saying you know there is an issue and are working on it? Why not a post on the forums acknowledging the issue?

Simple communication with your customers can go a long way to keeping people calm.

Status
Not open for further replies.