• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you mean the Meta-server it is empty. Nobody sits there and I'm not too sure that anyone even uses it.

If you have any friends to play with or if you can arrange a multiplayer game on these forums you can use Hamachi or some other program to play via LAN

I understand that the game seems pretty much "mostly" dead(considering it's in the classic games area), but I too would love to try multiplayer considering I got the game rather recently myself. So if anyone here wants to play multiplayer we can totally set up a game, may i suggest Skype to help with communications.

You guys use Hamatchi?
I could be interested in a Rome MP myself, if you guys have Steam accounts so we easy can access eachother, and if we are max 3-4 players so we don't need to have one special day a week we play, but more from time to time when we all see eachother on steam and have the time.

I understand that the game seems pretty much "mostly" dead(considering it's in the classic games area), ....

No it isn't dead and it's among the current games. Even if they aren't planning Rome 2 (which i doubt) then they are at least releasing some patch fixing the latest issues it has. I don't see any other reason why keep it among the current games anyway. Peace.