• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(16133)

First Lieutenant
Apr 10, 2003
Visit site
ok a strange one here.

downloaded 0.31 or whatever it's full version number is.

for multiplayer SRW a local game with two friends.
now the problem occurred when we would try and start the game upon the host going into the setup game screen is fine then whenever another player joins in it immediately shuts HoI down and i find myself or my friends find themselves on thour desktops, the non host players are still in the join game screen for a moment.

now a second even more bizaar part of this.
i went through and the friends went through and copied every folder from the Stoney road folders to the basic hoi folder into appropriate sub folders et el.
and we tried to run game again same problem.... until the friends loaded up using the basic hoi exe program and i loaded stoney's (from desktop icons)
now it allowed us to start the game.

now on this end friend playing Italy, his generals gained no experience fighting ethiopia all were still listed at 0 even after multiple battles of 6-9 days each
later on italian player discovered improved synthetic materials and wasn't able to research nylon or polyurathane (i believe that is the right one) until I tech shared improved synthetic material to him.

this then occured again and again with different techs Japanese player then had the same problems. so is there a better way to install for multiplayer? (did install from scratch using the HoI Cd then 1.05 then 1.05c then sub packs for leaders and sprites followed by SRW .031

frustrated in Seattle. jim

Thanks for any help on this