• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vissarion

The Royal Dutch of Dukes
53 Badges
Dec 22, 2002
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
I wonder if the sync problems that occur in multiplayer games can be expected to be fixed, or if they are beyond what a patch can do. The problems are mostly due to lag issues, but this cannot easily be solved by the players, even at very slow speed and all broadband connection, with 4-5 players there will be issues.

These are some of the problems that relates to the clients not getting proper update from the host:
Clients do not see their leaders' experience before the game is reloaded. Dissent sometimes appear for no obvious reason (Germany usually get 4% at every reload, even though it recieved the appropiate amount when it dow'ed), nighttime penalty icon shows for whole battles. There might be some other points i forgot.

Thanks for looking into this.

Upvote 0
Recently we had a glitch that could be accredited to the sync problem too. I (Japan) got control of a province where Nat.Chi (DaveH) had three divisions of troops. On my screen the province was completely undefended. Needless to say Dave was a bit irritated.

Lortto said:
Recently we had a glitch that could be accredited to the sync problem too. I (Japan) got control of a province where Nat.Chi (DaveH) had three divisions of troops. On my screen the province was completely undefended. Needless to say Dave was a bit irritated.

Yes it happens quite often,
last time i had following situation, one of my divisions was in province guarding it. Then ai divisions came there and tooked control without a fight. I couldn't move my unit and it start starving, losing org and strength :mad: .

We demand to fix these nasty multiplayer bugs - there are still much to many of them!

Vissarion said:
I wonder if the sync problems that occur in multiplayer games can be expected to be fixed, or if they are beyond what a patch can do. The problems are mostly due to lag issues, but this cannot easily be solved by the players, even at very slow speed and all broadband connection, with 4-5 players there will be issues.

These are some of the problems that relates to the clients not getting proper update from the host:
Clients do not see their leaders' experience before the game is reloaded. Dissent sometimes appear for no obvious reason (Germany usually get 4% at every reload, even though it recieved the appropiate amount when it dow'ed), nighttime penalty icon shows for whole battles. There might be some other points i forgot.

Thanks for looking into this.

Dissent usually appears for the right reasons I think - but when you as a client are out of sync you don't see it until the host reloads, which sometimes means that you lacked IC to research a tech you thought you had researched/unit produced etc, which is not very nice. Very irritating, and it occurs in LAN MP games as well, not just Internet ones. Happens to the weather too, though less often than in 1.05. Unfortunately EU2 MP also has similiar desync problems (most easily seen with out of sync money reserves and bankruptcies between clients and hosts) - and look how long that one has been out and how many patches have appeared. So it seems as if this issue is not very important for Paradox :(

Another annoying bugs in mp are:

- permanent combat what happens from time to time;
- proper expierience showed;
- if air unit is bombing land units and is withdrow after i.e.2 hours, is going back to the airfield but is also bombing that land unit in the same time(is bombing but cannot be intercept :rofl: )

Perhaps this can be fixed?