• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(153811)

Recruit
2 Badges
Aug 13, 2009
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron III
Hi
I'd like to know how you setup LAN settings in order to get a game started.
I click Multiplayer button in main menu. I then click host LAN game and then setup game type, game name, password and select Frigate. I then slect
Create Game and it returns to game menu, when my game pops up on the menu of the host it dosn't show up on the other PC menu. It then disappears
from the host menu also. What am I doing wrong. The games play well on their own except for multiplayer. I run multiplayer LAN on my other games no problems.

hi

it seems that you are setting things up correctly.
1.You should make sure that no firewall or similar system are blocking the connections.

2. on the non hosting computer, type the computer name or ip address of the hosting computer to the text box and click search.

3.try to host the game on the other computer. this occasionally reveals issues related to case 1.

3. start the server app manually, from the lan folder under the installation directory.