• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

texjdsimon

Unemperor
82 Badges
Jun 23, 2014
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • War of the Roses
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
My friend and I have been playing Victoria 2 for a while and every time we try to play a multiplayer game it works fine, but whenever trying to load a save I have to email it to him so it can actually load, the progress just stays at 0%.

We've tried:

Checking any firewalls.

Verifying game cache.

Deleting map cache.

EDIT: This just started happening one day, it had been working fine prior.

I guess you've already checked this, but something that's not on your list is making sure you have the same checksum. I suppose you wouldn't be able to get together if you had different checksums, though.

Maybe something went weird in the save. Does it not load for both of you, or just one?

I guess you've already checked this, but something that's not on your list is making sure you have the same checksum. I suppose you wouldn't be able to get together if you had different checksums, though.

Maybe something went weird in the save. Does it not load for both of you, or just one?

I know we have the same checksum because we checked just yesterday if we did because we were doing a multiplayer game with HPM.

This is happening with all saves, it loads for me fine but his save progress is stuck at 0%.

So it does that when you both have the save file on your computers, right? What happens if only one does, and the other joins off?

So it does that when you both have the save file on your computers, right? What happens if only one does, and the other joins off?
No no, if we both have the save file it works fine. If just one of us does, this happens. I can live with it but it's very annoying.

No no, if we both have the save file it works fine. If just one of us does, this happens. I can live with it but it's very annoying.
Shoot, that's really weird. Maybe there's some problem with port forwarding or firewalls or something? (Disclaimer: I know nothing about how MP works)

This is really later, however, have you found anyways to fix your problem? I am posting in forums to see if I can find a solution as I have the same problem.
It was fixed, I can’t remember how. I think it had to do with Victoria 2 not having administrative privileges.

Should have been originally posted in the Multiplayer sub forum.

Thread locked.

Also, thread necromancy is generally frowned upon here.

Thread locked squared.

Status
Not open for further replies.