• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

iDreadReapr

First Lieutenant
8 Badges
Jun 2, 2019
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
1- Add a seperate lobby for hosting pbem games like in aow3, its really hard to setup a classic turn game with 4+ players bcz its not likely to have all players online to start the game. hosting pbem aow3 games then going offline awaiting other players to join on their own time was really helpful and i wish you do the same for planetfall

2- Bring back days timer for classic turns PBEM style games.

Last edited:
To all who watched this thread:

Oh sorry, I was at home and I forgot your post. I spoke to our network guys a few months ago about the possibility of having the option to set up games without all players being present, unfortunately it's just not possible with the current way that the game's networking works. We'd need external servers to be able to let people join a game in that way, and that's not really possible for us right now (it's not just a cost thing, but also a lot of extra work on our side).

I'm asking about the turn timer now, since I'd forgotten it was a feature in AoW3. It has a similar issue, there's no external can monitor this and force the handover. Sorry to disappoint you! I've been told that these will be added to the next game, but they're just not possible with the engine as it is in Planetfall.