• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can only agree! I would guess it's a scaling issue, what worked for 10 or 100 users in testing did not work for 100,000 (made-up numbers FYI).

EU4 and CK2 use Steam MP services whereas this game uses ours.

It is precisely your mp service that sucks. Go back through Steam MP until you have the capacity to offer something that works rather than penalize us.

• 1Like
Reactions:
SOLVED for me at least.
id love to tell u how but it doesn't let me post more than one line and tells me its spam...
edit: i had to take a screenshot of the message and the error and post it as an attachment .....never have i jumped through so many hoops to post a bug or solution or post!

Attachments

• ck3s.jpg
    ck3s.jpg
    209,6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hi guys, I also have this issue. It seems to only affect MP games where the host has a weak Internet UPLOAD (not download!) speed!

If you create a MP session, make sure that the player with the best upload speed hosts the game and you will be fine.

i have tried all these solutions provided in this forum nothing has yet to work. im still waiting for any answers. is their any other solutions i can try. i hope this gets fixed soon i just want to play with my mates on multiplayer.

Hi. I do apologize if this is the wrong thread to reply to but I'm also experiencing an issue when clicking account, host or join in game. When I enter my Paradox account details a green icon flashes up for a second but then vanishes. The game then asks for my details again because I've been logged out.

I'm a new player to the game and wish to focus on the single player aspect of the game for now rather than the multiplayer but am curious as to why it's not working. I've checked the firewall. This is fine. Both the PC and router have been restarted. The files have been checked via Steam.

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi. I do apologize if this is the wrong thread to reply to but I'm also experiencing an issue when clicking account, host or join in game. When I enter my Paradox account details a green icon flashes up for a second but then vanishes. The game then asks for my details again because I've been logged out.

I'm a new player to the game and wish to focus on the single player aspect of the game for now rather than the multiplayer but am curious as to why it's not working. I've checked the firewall. This is fine. Both the PC and router have been restarted. The files have been checked via Steam.

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Until the root cause of this can be tracked down and fixed, the only known workaround is to connect via a VPN. Oddly that does not even help everyone, so there are potentially more than one cause for the problem.

We are working on it!

Until the root cause of this can be tracked down and fixed, the only known workaround is to connect via a VPN. Oddly that does not even help everyone, so there are potentially more than one cause for the problem.

We are working on it!
Hi AndrewT and thank you for the reply. This does sound like a mystery and one that I'm sure will be fixed sometime soon!

March 2021 and the issue still exists. VPN works sometimes but most of the time im just getting logged out while trying to connect or while my friend is trying to connect to a MP lobby. Can you spend some more ressources on this? the feeling that you dont care too much grows as its soon 5 months now that i want to play this game with my friends and i cant. it is pure frustration to spend my money for a game that is really fun in MP but not being able to play it in 90 % of the time. The feeling that you dont care has grown quite a bit.

Same here. Had a support ticket with Paradox going back and forward for weeks. I found out by myself that the upload speed from the host is the problem. If the host is not uploading the game fast enough (for Paradox servers), the clients get kicked off. I was told that the devs will apparently not change anything to the server protocols to allow users with slower upload speeds being host without this fu....g kick-outs.

Only solution for now - let the player with the best upload speed always be the host, the higher the upload speed, the better success. Everything lower than 7 or even 8 Mbit/s will probably still cause kick-outs. Good luck!

Reactions:

We are working on it!

Personally, I have reported the bug since September 4, 2020. I think since that day, the devs have had time to work on it no ?
Sorry to be frustrated, but now we all have the impression that we are being told we are taking care of it, just to make us wait and nothing is done

We feel the lack of investment from the dev team just by seeing that they have not made any dev posts on the forum. So, not even sure that they are really working on it ..

Personally, I have reported the bug since September 4, 2020. I think since that day, the devs have had time to work on it no ?
Yes, and they have done so, since then there have been game patches and server updates. The affected user population is much smaller now than it was. Which I know does not help those who are still seeing it!

What's new is that we are seeing it in Imperator too since the 2.0 patch, and that a VPN especially to the USA seems to help, for unknown reasons.

Yes, and they have done so, since then there have been game patches and server updates. The affected user population is much smaller now than it was. Which I know does not help those who are still seeing it!

What's new is that we are seeing it in Imperator too since the 2.0 patch, and that a VPN especially to the USA seems to help, for unknown reasons.
VPN seems to be the solution to everything. In this case, Paradox should invest in a VPN so that its players can enjoy it for free. Indeed, a VPN is not free, because we are a small population of players as you say every time. It seems that we are less important in the eyes of Paradox and therefore our demands are like a sword in the water, of the wind. Paradox has personally accustomed me to better. I am disappointed to learn that I am less listened to because I am part of the small population which is disadvantaged. Suffice to say directly that you are not going to solve the problem, that we can be reimbursed for the game. I don't see the point in keeping a game that works halfway. From the start I have been conciliatory, I want to understand the difficulties, but now I have the impression that someone laughed at me

• 1Like
Reactions:
You seem to have gained the impression that we are not working on this problem any more, despite my assurances to the contrary. I can only repeat - it IS still being worked on, and the reduction in the affected user population is surely proof of that. I neither said nor implied that work has stopped because the affected user base has been reduced.

A new Imperator patch came out yesterday that contained several MP fixes, some of which sound like the issues being seen here:
Server side connectivity improvements
Fixed OOS caused by playing multiplayer in different languages
Fixed OOS caused by legions
Players are no longer removed from Player Countries list after leaving a game
You now enter a lobby again when hosting Multiplayer savegame
Linux, Mac users can now play alongside Windows users without encountering server errors
Given IR and CK3 are on the same game engine, I'd expect those fixes to be in the next CK3 patch as well.

Hope so. At least 10 disconnects each MP evening are very disappointing. Always got 5 friends waiting for me. Seems like i got to quit soon. Friends got same disconnects to, but not as many as I do.