• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jolppis

Recruit
1 Badges
May 8, 2017
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
Hey! I bought HoI2 once again today (this time the complete version, from Steam) to play multiplayer on WLAN. However, when I try to click the HOST button on either LAN or Internet, nothing happens. What can I do?

Thank you so much in advance!

(Running Windows 10, if it makes any difference. Game version is 1.3a.)

Well, i know at some point in time it opened a session screen where your lan mate could login and you choose the scenario and chat etc. Used to do it years ago. Actually, I think I used a crossover cable then.
What operating system are you using? This thread has good info on the subject. Alot of complaints about the steam version but, I don't know how it's data could be different from the base game.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-guide-to-multiplayer.540014/

Last edited:
Yes IPX isn't supported for win7+. I thought that might be the issue at first but apparently the doomsday HoI2 was updated to TCP/IP for Lan connections. Maybe it could be an issue with legacy Directplay drivers though.

I just tested it in wine and thats the reason. You need a compatible directplay version installed for sure. Was able to open a host console after installing some dplay library from 2010

Last edited: