• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

WarWolfen

Private
10 Badges
Feb 27, 2018
www.clanwolf.net
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
Hello!

First of all, I have been a BattleTech Fan for literally decades, I have played the campaign and multiple careers and I love the game, I really do... BUT!

But, I have been trying with friends from my Clan to get Multiplayer to work and this is serioulsy BROKEN! We have been fiddling, googling and trying for days on end and we managed to finish 1 (one) game (in vanilla). Most of the time we deal with errors. Can't see the lobby, cannot join, get disconnected, basicly anything you can imagine. I have deleted profiles.dat, deleted other files from the steam folder (found that one on reddid)... just today we spent 3 hours trying things out (vanilla, with Commanders Edition Mod, without it, delete the profiles again,...)... it just DOES NOT WORK!

We both have the latest version, we both use steam, we both have Commanders Edition mod installed (Community Asset Bundle is updated) we both have language set to english (did you know that the game cannot see a lobby from a host if he is using a different language in the game?), we tried vanilla, with mods and without.

And... anytime I start the game, the game browser is basically empty. Does anyone play this game in multplayer anyway? From my experience I would asume not, because for me it feels like it just does not have a working multiplayer after all.

Can anyone give me a hint into the direction of a solution? PLEASE?
We have a Teamspeak-Server, so if anyone would like to talk, I can pass credentials.

My teammate got an answer in another forum along the lines of "Multiplayer just does not work with mods". Is that true? If that is seriously the reason than I am officially pissed. Because the game does not tell me ANYWHERE that this might be the reason. No error messages, no logs, no nothing. BUT it does check if we both have the same mods installed and apparently performs a binary comparison of the installed files to verify we have both the same mods installed... Why the heck does the game do that if it doesn't work anyway??? We finally had the same files, we could create a lobby... I could join into his game (not the other way around, there Comstar would not let him in for NO reason or at least it did not tell us why),... then... hit start, looking forward to get into the game finally... and then: Black Screen of endless loading... 5 or 6 time yesterday alone...
Really? I mean... SERIOUSLY??!?

If this is all true, why not just put a hint somewhere "If you want to play multiplayer, remove the mods first!". That would have saved me HOURS of (completly un-entertaining) fiddling...

Meldric

Last edited:
Hello!

First of all, I have been a BattleTech Fan for literally decades, I have played the campaign and multiple careers and I love the game, I really do... BUT!

But, I have been trying with friends from my Clan to get Multiplayer to work and this is serioulsy BROKEN! We have been fiddling, googling and trying for days on end and we managed to finish 1 (one) game (in vanilla). Most of the time we deal with errors. Can't see the lobby, cannot join, get disconnected, basicly anything you can imagine. I have deleted profiles.dat, deleted other files from the steam folder (found that one on reddid)... just today we spent 3 hours trying things out (vanilla, with Commanders Edition Mod, without it, delete the profiles again,...)... it just DOES NOT WORK!

We both have the latest version, we both use steam, we both have Commanders Edition mod installed (Community Asset Bundle is updated) we both have language set to english (did you know that the game cannot see a lobby from a host if he is using a different language in the game?), we tried vanilla, with mods and without.

And... anytime I start the game, the game browser is basically empty. Does anyone play this game in multplayer anyway? From my experience I would asume not, because for me it feels like it just does not have a working multiplayer after all.

Can anyone give me a hint into the direction of a solution? PLEASE?
We have a Teamspeak-Server, so if anyone would like to talk, I can pass credentials.

My teammate got an answer in another forum along the lines of "Multiplayer just does not work with mods". Is that true? If that is seriously the reason than I am officially pissed. Because the game does not tell me ANYWHERE that this might be the reason. No error messages, no logs, no nothing. BUT it does check if we both have the same mods installed and apparently performs a binary comparison of the installed files to verify we have both the same mods installed... Why the heck does the game do that if it doesn't work anyway??? We finally had the same files, we could create a lobby... I could join into his game (not the other way around, there Comstar would not let him in for NO reason or at least it did not tell us why),... then... hit start, looking forward to get into the game finally... and then: Black Screen of endless loading... 5 or 6 time yesterday alone...
Really? I mean... SERIOUSLY??!?

If this is all true, why not just put a hint somewhere "If you want to play multiplayer, remove the mods first!". That would have saved me HOURS of (completly un-entertaining) fiddling...

Meldric

What is it? Am I doing something wrong or has this been abandoned? I would love to play in multiplayer, but the game does not let me! Is this to be considered a bunch of bugs? Then I have a strong feeling those need to be fixed. Or is this just the way it is? In this case I feel disappointed by an otherwise brilliant game AND developer.

Last edited:
I've tried to get some games in with a friend and out of 3 hours trying we've only managed to complete 1 game....
Disconnects from host, or just flat out timed out while connecting to a gamelobby...

I'd love to play Mplayer but I'm really struggling

So, after all this time, you are telling (by telling me NOTHING), that, in order to play multiplayer, I need to stick to the vanilla version of the game and that I need to wait for extensions to ever see Clantech in Multiplayer?

Then, unfortunatly, the game just became useless for a lot of people. Is there NOONE who is willing to ANSWER this???

Same here, been trying to play with a friend for weeks now, nothing works. We don´t have any mods installed, did a fresh install, ditched steam for the paradox launcher, still nothing