SimonBlore

Recruit
1 Badges
Jun 8, 2013
  • Hearts of Iron III
@Prussian Havoc - I have passed your tip onto my Wife so she needn't suffer so much next time.

@Therrinian - that's correct, I'm going to test some of the other things (like does reliability of connection improve using Hamachi) and whatever I find, I'll post it to here. However, it is really important to rule-out the things that have not effect on your ability to play this game in multiplayer - most notably the error messages. You also need to understand that firewall rules or not, you *will* have issues and the take-home message there is restart both clients and try again, it works very well.

Last edited:

SimonBlore

Recruit
1 Badges
Jun 8, 2013
  • Hearts of Iron III
So far we have only attempted three games:

2 worked absolutely fine
1 launched and disconnected partway through

But previously (if you've read all of my struggles) I had one launch and then disconnect partway through and none fully work out of over fifty game attempts.

GUmby_Aaron

Major
56 Badges
May 18, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • War of the Roses
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
My game client is now booting up as in offline as well. I am running it through the gog galaxy client. How do i get online, I don't see any button to click other than switch account or update profile (which changes the emblem and colors)? If I say to swotch accounts it asks if I want to log off, how am I logged in if it says I am offline.

Prussian Havoc

PDXCON 2019 ~ MechWarrior of the Year
51 Badges
May 12, 2017
forum.paradoxplaza.com
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Empire of Sin - Premium Edition
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • BATTLETECH
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Surviving Mars
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
My game client is now booting up as in offline as well. I am running it through the gog galaxy client. How do i get online, I don't see any button to click other than switch account or update profile (which changes the emblem and colors)? If I say to swotch accounts it asks if I want to log off, how am I logged in if it says I am offline.
I suggest turning in a bug report in the BATTLETECH Bug Report subforum. I don’t recall experiencing the situation you describe and I’ve never used go. Sorry about that. :bow:

Good luck and good gaming... eventually!

Tharasar

Recruit
5 Badges
May 15, 2021
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
I had the same issue, when I logged into anther machine, using Steam and then switched back to my main nachine, game client (steam) was offline, but in BT I was still listed as online, and was confused why I’m still online. I guess that is related to being a paradox account not related to the game client.
What worked for me was switch accounts (log off) and login with the paradox account again

hopefully it helps

GUmby_Aaron

Major
56 Badges
May 18, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • War of the Roses
I had the same issue, when I logged into anther machine, using Steam and then switched back to my main nachine, game client (steam) was offline, but in BT I was still listed as online, and was confused why I’m still online. I guess that is related to being a paradox account not related to the game client.
What worked for me was switch accounts (log off) and login with the paradox account again

hopefully it helps
Yeah that worked for me as well. I'm guessing I got that error because I hadn't played the game for a couple of years.

Maverick-Zero

Recruit
13 Badges
May 21, 2021
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
I have two PCs here with two different steam accounts, both owning battletech. I have not been able to play a single multiplayer match so far.
Fiddling with ports/firewall made no difference.

The only chance to play multiplayer is having Paradox fix the bugs in the network code.
But they won't do it. So in conclusion, there is no way to play battletech in multiplayer. What a shame.

What is even more annoying is, that I am 100% sure that we, the community - given the chance - would be able to fix it in no time.

Reactions: