Multiplayer disconnects

• Hearts of Iron IV Survey

Help us make HoI IV better by sharing your experiences in this 5 minute survey

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

SimonBlore

Recruit
1 Badges
Jun 8, 2013
  • Hearts of Iron III
@Prussian Havoc - I have passed your tip onto my Wife so she needn't suffer so much next time.

@Therrinian - that's correct, I'm going to test some of the other things (like does reliability of connection improve using Hamachi) and whatever I find, I'll post it to here. However, it is really important to rule-out the things that have not effect on your ability to play this game in multiplayer - most notably the error messages. You also need to understand that firewall rules or not, you *will* have issues and the take-home message there is restart both clients and try again, it works very well.

Last edited:

SimonBlore

Recruit
1 Badges
Jun 8, 2013
  • Hearts of Iron III
So far we have only attempted three games:

2 worked absolutely fine
1 launched and disconnected partway through

But previously (if you've read all of my struggles) I had one launch and then disconnect partway through and none fully work out of over fifty game attempts.

Therrinian

Recruit
1 Badges
Sep 12, 2019
  • BATTLETECH
Work around seems to be working 2/2 so far no disconnects.
There was a firewall rule already in place to allow Battletech traffic but as you noticed it did not seem to be enough