• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(74991)

Recruit
Apr 23, 2007
I read the stickies but I still have the following problem:
Hey, me and my brother have recently been trying to play multiplayer through CK internet and LAN games. But, about every 6 months to 2 years the game will crash (usually for the person whos not the host). It happens so frequently the game is basically unplayable and we believe it might be because of the games getting out of sync. This problem also happens with EU3.

Anyone have any ideas?

Game Version & Patch (incl. publisher): Latest patch.
OS & build/SP: Windows XP, SP2
Computer, CPU & speed: AMD Dual Core +4400
RAM: 2gig
Free HDD space: 20gig
Video (brand, model, driver, memory): ATI X1900
Sound (brand, model, driver): Creative: X-fi
DirectX Version: 9.0c

Last edited:
Have you patched the games? Seeing that you have not registered your EU3 I strongly suspect you haven't.

EU3 is very stable in MP currently, and if it crashes then I heavily suspect you have not patched it. Please do register the game and install the patches. If problems continue, then I seriously suggest you to post on the EU3 MP forum with the problems.

Crusader Kings OTOH crashes every now and then, altough in my experience it should usually last for closer to two hours at least before crashing. I suspect you have not taken care of all the usual suspects (close down all unnecessary process, refrain from alt-tabbing etc), so please do try first them :)