• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

dwhero

Recruit
1 Badges
May 21, 2010
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
Hello,
for me has AoW 3 the best roundbase coop gameplay of all games.
The highlights are :
Big map creator
Simultaneous turns
Fight together
See fights of other players

Will we see these big goals in Planetfall too or is the focus on singleplayer ?

Big maps is something everyone always asks for, no need to doubt that.
Simultaneous turns has been a staple of the franchise since Age of Wonders 1, so you don't need to worry on that either.
The adjacent hex rule has also always been a staple of the franchise and is amazing for both single- and multiplayer, and has already been confirmed to return.

I can't comment on watching fights of other players as I don't have multiplayer experience myself, but I suspect Triumph will try to give as many options as possible there, so good chance it'll be possible.

All that being said, I do expect the focus to be on single player, but single player and multiplayer don't need to be exclusive.

I believe Lennart Sas has said on more then one occasion that the maps are going to be big! I have a lot of trust in Triumph - I'm sure they will do the game and us justice

It be nice if you could watch an ally fight, and maybe send in some support via the mentioned operation abilities (artillery or marine drop pods).

Or if you could give an ally control of some of your units if they are stuck only watching you fight - that way they get more involved (like how Total War does it).

Or if you could give an ally control of some of your units if they are stuck only watching you fight - that way they get more involved (like how Total War does it).

It's turn based though, so you're constantly waiting for one another, also iirc Total War is real time, so you'd have the advantage of having to 'command' less units, allowing you to devote more time to the ones you do command, while that advantage is absent in turn-based. In fact, it could mean a disadvantage as you have two different people taking the reins, who may have different ideas on what would be best and move units in different directions because of that.

It's turn based though, so you're constantly waiting for one another, also iirc Total War is real time, so you'd have the advantage of having to 'command' less units, allowing you to devote more time to the ones you do command, while that advantage is absent in turn-based. In fact, it could mean a disadvantage as you have two different people taking the reins, who may have different ideas on what would be best and move units in different directions because of that.

Very true and I am well aware of this issue. It was more to give the option to "gift" control of a unit to your ally so your ally is not just stuck watching you play. Even if they have to wait until they can do something with their units, at least they would have something to do. Or better yet; if they solve the issue of not being able to do any actions at all while someone is fighting then they can just Empire manage while you fight.