• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Azertoth

Recruit
Jun 8, 2020
Hello !
Me and my friend, we are trying to play together but we can't find ourself in game.
Is it possible to do it when I'm playing with Xbox Game Pass and he's playing with Steam ?

it should be possible, they said on stream that XGP version and steam version should be able to crossplay just fine

yeah when i wrote my post i forgot there was something that could be done to "try" and crossplay between steam and the xbox store pc version

your friend on steam would need to right click Stellaris, go into properties and then betas; there are 2 versions in there that should allow for that interaction

the crossplay_beta version
or the stellaris_test version

try both and see if either can do crossplay with the xbox store pc version of stellaris

if neither work, then you'd need to report it as a bug in the correct part of these forums

Crossplay does not seem to work atm for everyone. There might be some kind of issue connecting to Microsoft's side of things for some players. Tried to setup mp for a couple of hours last night and had problems. In the end, it seems that my connection to windows store servers just does not work. Tried all the crossplay beta's in steam and even the stock version of the game in the game pass version. It might be because ports, but opening up ports in 2020 is not really consumer-friendly(considering that steam default mp works just fine).