• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Mowers
I think there needs to be things to move forwards.

A list of Events for the MP community to look at and consider and report back on.

Then a list of events created by the MP community, that wouldn’t affect the SP game too much, that they would like to see make the final cut.

Clearly this is difficult because there are so many events from the EEP, and a large number of them are flavour events that are pretty much irrelevant.

Mowers - I'm guessing what would be of interest is a list of all 'significant' events for 'majors' that occur after 1520. Are you concerned about random events or will it be alright if they pretty much look like the SSREM?

The question then is who are majors, and what is needed for an event to be 'significant'. -1 stability is not a huge deal, -2 often will be. Any revoltrisk is clearly important. I could go on, but I'm not sure I'm on the right track.

How about the question of leaders?

The OE should be Orthodox tech from the start, and - from a multiplayer play-balance perspective - it should not have the opportunity to avoid going to the muslim techgroup in 1615.
I think that if you put the:
Code:
command = { type = technology which = muslim }
statement in the 1690 and 1740 "a" and "b" versions of the events as well, it becomes a more balanced choice for MP. If the Ottoman player wants to stay in the orthodox tech group, they have to take a huge hit three times, and each time those evil opportunistic humal players will be there to exploit the weakness. A smart human player would actually declare war on the Ottomans slightly in advance of the event, so that the desertions would be more crucial and the stability hit would not be mitigated by a DoW.

-doktarr