• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
sorry if this is a dumb question, but i am using FtG and AGCEEP both fully updated (i just finish installing the game) and i want this sprites available in my upcoming game in FtG using AGCEEP, ¿i have to change the Units and Palettes folders there or just the vanilla ones will do?

sorry if this is a dumb question, but i am using FtG and AGCEEP both fully updated (i just finish installing the game) and i want this sprites available in my upcoming game in FtG using AGCEEP, ¿i have to change the Units and Palettes folders there or just the vanilla ones will do?

Sorry for not replying before now.

You only need to download the Units and Palettes files into vanilla.

You do need to download the new countries file for AGCEEP, but that should be all you need.

Sorry for not replying before now.

You only need to download the Units and Palettes files into vanilla.

You do need to download the new countries file for AGCEEP, but that should be all you need.

many thanks for you reply, i love the new sprites

Well, it's been over a year now since I posted any new FtG sprites, but that's only because I haven't seen anything suitable - until now.

A sprite-maker from the civfanatics website called Balam-Agab has begun making sprites for a series he's calling Empires of the East. The sprites cover the Early, Middle and Late Medieval periods, and, of course, it's the final one that interests us.

So far he's made sprites only for Hungary and Lithuania, but he's promised to make sprites for other nations in the region.

With the exception of Poland and Russia, I've had a set of generic sprites representing nations from the more eastern parts of Europe. I've used the country tag 'HUN', which, as you might expect, is for Hungary. But I must confess that the sprite that I've been using for Level 1 isn't Hungarian or from any other nation concerned. It is in fact a spare Russian sprite.

Well, it's time to correct that inaccurary with a genuine Hungarian sprite, plus a separate Level 1 sprite for Lithuania:

Here's what the Hungarian sprite looks like:

HUN%20L1%20STAND_zpsavlkzhbl.png~original
HUN%20L1%20WIN_zpshelgmijs.png~original

And here's the Lithuanian sprite:

LIT%20L1%20STAND_zpsfyxlhey6.png~original
LIT%20L1%20WIN_zpsvaxk6zsc.png~original

I'm assuming that you've already downloaded one of the sprite packs (four or seven levels). In the case of the Hungarian sprite there's only one download link for both, but make sure that you download the right one for the Lithuanian sprite. In all cases simply extract the files into the main For the Glory folder and overwrite if asked.

Download Hungarian Level 1 sprite here
Download Lithuanian Level 1 sprite for four-level sprite pack here
Download Lithuanian Level 1 sprite for seven-level sprite pack here

IMPORTANT - In order for the Lithuanian sprite to appear, you need to go to For the Glory/Db/countries, then scroll down to LIT = { # Lithuania and change:
army = HUN into
army = LIT

Last edited:
thanks for your work, is amazin, i will download this soon (i am at work right now)

Another six months has gone by with no new sprites, but don't despair, because the situation has suddenly improved with some new units for the Americas made by ShiroKibbure from the Civ3 forum.

And the first one of the group is a very special one because it's removing the last remaining EU(2) sprite. So, it's finally time to say goodbye to this fellow:

OHI%20-%20Old_zpsudlmarij.png~original

I had begun to think that there was a jinx here because every potential replacement in the past was either faulty or the wrong size, but here's the new Level 1 sprite for the Native North Americans. It's suitable for any version of my packs:

OHI%20-%20Stand_zpsmms1jryb.png~original
OHI%20-%20Fire_zps8t98tyle.png~original
OHI%20-%20Walk_zpsnxkbgla2.png~original

Download the Level 1 Native North American sprite here

Extract into your main For the Glory folder. Overwrite when asked.

The following units are still to come and should be ready fairly soon:

- Three new sprites for the Maya
- Two new higher level sprites for the Aztecs
- A new Level 1 sprite for the Zapotecs
- Two new higher level sprites for the Incas
- Two alternative higher level sprites for the North American Natives

Last edited:
I didn't login this forum for about 6 or 7 months, and when I login today I see the new sprites :D

Also, do you plan to re-release the full sprite pack to include the sprites you newly converted?

Last edited:
Best wishes for the New Year to you, too, Titan, and to zweihander and everyone else!

This time I've produced a couple of higher level units for the Aztecs.

By the way, ShiroKibbure, who made these two units, also made the Jaguar Warrior for Level 1 that I posted up quite a long time ago.
Just in case you missed it first time, here is the Level 1 sprite again. The download will work for any pack.

AZT%20-%20L1%20Stand_zpsm94bdsxa.png~original

Download Aztec Level 1 Jaguar Warrior here

Now for the two new units, which are replacing a higher level unit that I included in the original packs. It was the best one that I could find but I wasn't very happy with it. It's too big and looks more like a Marvel superhero.

AZT%20-%20Stand%20Old_zpsexztn2wh.png~original

So, here are new Level 2 and Level 3 units for the Aztecs. Make sure that you download the right version.

AZT%20-%20L2%20Stand_zpshbs8i1qq.png~original
AZT%20-%20L2%20Fire_zpslzvsb1zs.png~original
AZT%20-%20L2%20Walk_zpsaznhixxd.png~original

AZT%20L3%20Stand_zpstkdj0l7e.png~original
AZT%20-%20L3%20Fire%20Smoke_zpsroysx8g8.png~original
AZT%20L3%20Walk_zpssnv6afk8.png~original

Download Aztec Levels 2 and 3 for Seven Level Pack with Gunsmoke
Download Aztec Levels 2 and 3 for Four Level Pack with Gunsmoke

AZT%20-%20L3%20Fire%20No%20Smoke_zpskpqsb0pu.png~original

Download Aztec Levels 2 and 3 for Seven Level Pack without Gunsmoke
Download Aztec Levels 2 and 3 for Four Level Pack without Gunsmoke

Drop into your main For the Glory folder. Overwrite when asked.

As for your question, zweihander, I probably will update the main downloads at some time, but I probably won't do it in the very near future.

Last edited:
Happy new year Spadge! Great to see you releasing the new sprites again!

I also have a good new. As you know, the Civ3 modders create 3D unit models in Poser, and then they render the models into Civ3 FLC file. Then we convert the FLC files into EU2-FTG format. This would cause some problem: the annoying edge pixels, the size, angle or animation of the unit may not fit in well in FTG, etc.

But now, I know how to create unit models in Poser! Actually I have already created a couple of unit graphic for Age of Empire 2, as you can see here and here. And the unit graphics of the 2D games works in similar ways, perhaps we could use Poser to create unit sprites for FTG directly in the near future!

jVfGscT.gif

JndNuAB.gif

Nice work! Yes, one of the problems of new sprites for games such as For the Glory and Darkest Hour/Arsenal of Democracy is that we've had to rely on the output of units that were actually designed for a different game.

For example, Imperator created around 150 units for his Italian WWII land units pack, but I only needed about a dozen of them for DH/AoD. If he had been making sprites specifically for Darkest Hour and not Civ3, he would have completed the whole pack by now. Instead, he's only done the Italians and the Commonwealth. It's very frustrating.

Where did you learn how to do this?

Now it's time to go still further south for the Inca.

Again, here's the Level 1 sprite, which was also made by ShiroKibbure. The download will work for any pack

INC%20-%20STAND%20L1_zpsud4qica5.png~original

Download the Inca Level 1 sprite here

And here are the new Level 2 and 3 units:

INC%20-%20L2%20STAND_zpsveahcmld.png~original
INC%20-%20FIRE%20L2_zpsxoq4fms2.png~original
INC%20-%20WALK%20L2_zpswjf15xeb.png~original

INC%20-%20STAND%20L3_zps3gityesu.png~original
INC%20-%20FIRE%20L3%20SMOKE_zpsn7ztxkin.png~original
INC%20-%20WALK%20L3_zpsmfjmpe9t.png~original

Download Inca Levels 2 and 3 for Seven Level Pack with Gunsmoke
Download Inca Levels 2 and 3 for Four Level Pack with Gunsmoke

INC%20-%20FIRE%20L3%20NO%20SMOKE_zpszmjsqtbd.png~original

Download Inca Levels 2 and 3 for Seven Level Pack without Gunsmoke
Download Inca Levels 2 and 3 for Four Level Pack without Gunsmoke

Drop into your main For the Glory folder. Overwrite when asked.

For these sprites in the For the Glory/Db/countries file the INC tag should show Army = INC

Last edited:
great work!!, i love the new sprites, thanks for your work guys:D

Now it's time for the most outrageous sprites of the lot - the Mayans.

First of all, you should go to For the Glory/Db/countries. Scroll down to MAA and change:

army = AZT into
army = MAA

If you don't, you will continue to see the Aztec units.

Here are the new units, with Levels 1, 2 and 3.

MAA%20L1%20STAND_zpsuyy9eugt.png~original
MMA%20L1%20FIRE%20NE_zpsp8ffcnow.png~original
MMA%20L1%20FIRE%20SW_zpssf2c96xj.png~original
MAA%20L1%20WALK_zpsat8kaq1o.png~original

MAA%20L2%20STAND_zpsbz5lof5b.png~original
MAA%20L2%20FIRE%20NE_zpsmxibvn5x.png~original
MAA%20L2%20FIRE%20SW_zpshm7xyls2.png~original
MAA%20L2%20WALK_zps3nccd9wz.png~original

MAA%20L3%20STAND_zpsrglkfjqu.png~original
MAA%20L3%20FIRE%20SMOKE%20NE_zpsf4qhljgn.png~original
MAA%20L3%20FIRE%20SMOKE%20SW_zpsx1uhkdgg.png~original
MAA%20L3%20WALK_zps8hnylupc.png~original

Download Maya Levels 1-3 for Seven Level Pack with Gunsmoke here
Download Maya Levels 1-3 for Four Level Pack with Gunsmoke here

MAA%20L3%20FIRE%20NOSKOME%20NE_zpsrupdx0zo.png~original

Download Maya Levels 1-3 for Seven Level Pack without Gunsmoke here
Download Maya Levels 1-3 for Four Level Pack without Gunsmoke here

Drop into your main For the Glory Folder.

Last edited:
Very good job ! Glad to see some works for ftg :)