• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

IsaacCAT

Field Marshal
141 Badges
Oct 24, 2018
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
Good evening,

It seems since Saturday that MP Imperator servers are having problems hosting games. Is this a known problem? Can we provide some data for you to take actions to solve the issue?

Maybe the crash reports of the session?

Imperator uses the same Nakama servers as other games you have, such as CK3 and Stellaris when in Crossplay mode. Do those games have this problem too?

Either way, when you say "having problems hosting games", what exactly is happening please? Any errors show? Does it matter who is host? Any mods involved?

Imperator uses the same Nakama servers as other games you have, such as CK3 and Stellaris when in Crossplay mode. Do those games have this problem too?

Either way, when you say "having problems hosting games", what exactly is happening please? Any errors show? Does it matter who is host? Any mods involved?
When we are in a Multiplayer server, regardless of host all players (and if not all then most) 'Desync' This problem has plagued Vanilla Multiplayer sessions since the beginning of Marius 2.0.3, though most of the community plays using community created modifications of the game.

i help run a large (possibly one of the largest) Mainly Imperator: Rome focused Discord Server, of which a large sum of the members are regular Multiplayer session members, we have held numerous Lengthy Weekly campaigns since the release of I:R and since the arrival of Nakama as a server host we have noticed a large decline in the player base due to the fact that nobody wants to put up with the desyncing and non-responsive servers that if you can't connect, then you are logged out either in the middle of a live multiplayer session or you are logged out as you are trying to join a hosted game. since Nakama we have had to post-pone and cancel a significantly larger amount of multiplayer sessions than we had when using the previous I:R server host. (Pre-Nakama)

these issues are actually less frequent on Modded than Vanilla, surprisingly. the only reason i believe theres a large lack of people bringing it up is due to the fact that most if not almost all of the player base use/ play some sort of complete overhaul mod.

Reactions:
since Nakama we have had to post-pone and cancel a significantly larger amount of multiplayer sessions than we had when using the previous I:R server host. (Pre-Nakama)
Interesting you say that ... while I haven't followed this game very closely, I was under the impression it used Nakama from launch?

Have you tried the things that can work for CK3, which uses the same service and has also had issues?

Disable IPv6
- Close CK3
- Go to Control Panel > View Network status and tasks > Change adapter settings (left side)
- Find your Hamachi Connection and Disable it
- Find your Internet connection adapter (for me, it was WiFi)
- Right click your internet adapter and select properties
- Scroll down to find "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and uncheck the box
- Select Ok
- Start up CK3 and should work.

Disable all other network adapters
  1. Go to Windows Control panel.
  2. Click on Network & Internet.
  3. Click on View Network Status.
    Quick Tip: You can also quickly access these settings by right-clicking the network icon in the taskbar and selecting the Network & Internet settings option.
  4. Click on Change adapter options.
  5. Right-click all network adapters that are not connected to the internet and select the Disable option.

Use a VPN

- Obtain a VPN

- Set the country to the US (why this works is also an enigma ><)

- Start the game

- Sign in and see if it "sticks"

Disable IPv6
- Close CK3
- Go to Control Panel > View Network status and tasks > Change adapter settings (left side)
- Find your Hamachi Connection and Disable it
- Find your Internet connection adapter (for me, it was WiFi)
- Right click your internet adapter and select properties
- Scroll down to find "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and uncheck the box
- Select Ok
- Start up CK3 and should work.

I had the IPv6 enabled. I have disabled it and we will try again. Thank you for your help.