• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Epic Dave

Private
89 Badges
Aug 25, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • March of the Eagles
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
Hi all -

1st of all - I really like the game. It feels different from the others and fits the time period really well. It also feels like the MP is going to be awesome and that it will really shine played this way as we have seen in dev clashes. (PS. If you are ever looking for normal players to fill the ranks feel free to give me a shout anytime )

However, not having the simple ability to type and communicate to other players is just a bizarre decision.

This could perhaps be somewhat forgiven if the MP lobby had a chat box... Which it doesn't seem to, because then you could at least post discord details before the game started.

I am not sure how this basic - I was going to say feature - but it isn't even a feature, it is the basic ability to communicate isn't in the game.

Please add one. Even if its just a chat box.

Last edited:
According to a recent stream/video; they might implement it if there is enough demand but they noted that a lot of people either play with friends or in organized groups and use services such as Discord to instead provide their communication, so it's not high on the list IIRC.

whoever said that in todays day and age all you need to comunicate with players in big mp games is a mic is wrong.

i dont want to hunt people on discord (i dont even want to have discord perhaps?) every time i want to say something like : " send me 50g" (very short message) , while i am in the middle of doing 50 other things. i dont want everyone to hear what i am talking with X or Y person aswell , i dont want to meddle with channels , i DONT want

2nd thing : there are people who dont want to use mic, they are hesitant to join the game because of that. you are making it harder for me to find players

your current mp chat (sorry that was a joke , it doesnt exist) is unacceptable

I really hope they add this before their summer vacation or it'll be a long wait lol

I don't know if the fact they're using a new engine layer complicates things for them though

+1 super-ridiculous it launched without in game chat. It was so awkward to watch Devs crash out of the Dev Clash because they had tabbed to slack to communicate with others. The combination of an unstable game in MP and a lack of in game chat forces players to tab out to slack/discord messages to communicate discreetly and hinders the player experience.