Movie scenes in Black and white with crashes...

• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

unmerged(85070)

Recruit
Oct 5, 2007
I was so exited when I`ve seen this game in store, an all new SpaceShooter with all u need to have fun.

But I got some serious problems, the moviescenes are all shown in black and white. well, thats not a real problem, the real bug is that these scenes often crash the game. or better say it freezes the scene while the sound and all the other stuff in background still moves on. however, i cant go on then and i have to shut down the game and restart it.

btw. My PC runs WinXP SP2

Im quite sure that there is no hardware problem, my PC has enough resources to run the game at least in 2 windows and in 3 different languages at the same time :p

further there is one or two more screwed up things but one is quite remarkable:
I have the german version and -i was quite astonished- although there is a CD-Key on the back of the booklet, the game never asked for this code...

anyone else got such bugs?

unmerged(85070)

Recruit
Oct 5, 2007
ofc i have installed the patch -better i tried to, it tells me that the game already has version 1.0.2. when i install it from the DVD.

I also have the actual version of the codecs, I`ve tried it in 2 ways: installing the game without codec that comes with it and with installing the codec, both ways i got the same bugs.

maybe there is some problem with the demo version? I had installed it, but since i have uninstalled it before i installed the retail version it shouldnt matter or...?

directx9c is on and WMP11 (I dunno if that matters, its just it tells me that its going to install the media player codec, so i have no idea if Tarr is using WMP -btw if it IS using it I wont wonder anymore about bugs, its microsoft...)

btw found just another bug: I have constructet a device (ingame, the ones u can create out of spare parts) and it should give me a plus of 1000kg of weight that i can load onto my ship -but ofc- it doesnt work. -yes i have installed it on the ship^^

the longer i try to play this game, the more i think some ppl must realy have screwed it up...

any ideas? or got a patch in pipeline? would be great, cause the Game itself is great, just has more bugs than the film starship troopers...

unmerged(85102)

Recruit
Oct 6, 2007
I have confirmed that atleast Haali's media splitter (used to open .mkv, mp4 and ogm files in windows) causes Tarr to crash if you have enabled .avi support in it (which is highly not recommended in any case by the way).

Also some other directshow filters can cause problems, if they are being used for wmv instead of ms wmv codecs. If you have stuff like K-Lite (Big no no, most likely any other bloated codec pack will have problems too) installed, you might want to remove them.

unmerged(47300)

Private
Aug 8, 2005
i have same problem;/ only divx and wmp11 and codecs from dvd i only installed:( echh;/ i bought game and can play;/ great!