• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think that Paradox, even a profit-based company, is made by men who love what they do and in a certain extent, those men probably wanted to please a very dedicated fan base. After that, maybe that was not very risky or expensive for the company, and managers thought it worth the challenge. I play the game, I find it awesome, so I think Paradox and as well, the people who released the game, deserve some support and thanks. It's a way to say that I see many negative comments, by people who love the game, and it's quite a ... paradox, me thinks, so it's ok for me to have a balance and post a positive message.

Oh don't take my comments the wrong way. As a member of the dev team, I was happy for the opportunity. :)

The only posts in the last week in FTG have been "why isnt there a community".

Makes me remember the EU:Rome forum. One year after release, the most replied thread was the "This game sucks!!!" thread, and it was the biggest in the entire forum, and is still amongst the biggest ones even if it got locked 2 years ago or something like that.

... Still, despite the extremely small EU:Rome community the game even received an expansion and is FINALLY (after so many years!) getting patched.

I dont know why For the Glory got moved to classic games to be frank, but it looks like another great marketing policy of Paradox. When the usual gamer sees 2 game groups - "classic games" and "current games", he gets the feeling that the "classic games" group is composed of very old/very bad games not worth buying at this stage. Specially not at 20€.

Well I don't really see the big deal considering it is a classic game in almost every way but the inner workings of it for modding purposes and an updated interface. Now I find the pricing for this game to be wrong considering new content and I still bought the game on release. I can understand it selling poorly and think it fits in this part of the forum.

I still would've liked to see more sales and whenever someone asks for historical games I suggest FtG to them.

Why? The rule is.. Games move to classic after about 6 months, unless they still sell well or have a big community.

I think he is looking at clarity of the description between classic and current, as currently its open to changes or opinions based on a select few. As a company you have that right.

But would happen if a classic game got too popular, forums got inundated , would this game be moved from classic to current games?

Far better rule would have been a rule that has.........all games regardless, will moved to classic after 12 months.

For me, I care little for current or classic........if a game is good, I get it.

Maybe you can have a classic-current group........................Chess would be in that group.

What can I say? From a business point of view, the reasons make sense, even though I don't like to read them. It still feels like a stab in the back, but then again, Paradox is no longer what it used to be. So, I'm not surprised to see this. Money talks louder and most probably, if I were in their shoes, I'd do the same thing. It's time we, the fans, get real on this thing.

All about the money. P-dox used to be cool.

Question regarding FtG's "classic" placement

I couldn't see this belonging anywhere else, but I was curious as to why FtG is placed in classical games, while games such as Arsenal of Democracy, based on a similar (or same as far as I'm aware) engine are in "Current Games". Is Paradox trying to hide this game for some reason?

If not, why was FtG placed here? It's a good game and certainly deserves more attention than it got/gets.

Regards,

The Sultan

Yea, I think "classic" implies elite status...as in "unmatched." ;)

That's how I choose to see it anyway. Knights of Honor is the other "classic" game I plan on getting soon along with For the Glory.

It sold poorly - very much so. Support cut or almost so, then; and put it here. Heh, then the staff disappearing one after another, exception made for MichaelM. Poor man, he is left alone doing the job of many, and the times involved show this.

Yes, p'dox explained that FtG was put in classic as it didn't sell as well as they had hoped - nor did it have a very active set of posts in this forum. As to most of the staff disappearing, P'dox's thoughts about lackluster sales played a large role there.

Two threads merged.

Why should it sell? Seems like it's EU2 tweaked to be modder's dream, but there are no mods. With vanilla EU2 I can play MyMap or ACGEEP 1.58. With FtG I can play MyMap (Extended version of which is a bad link), or ACGEEP 1.59 BETA. That's pretty weak, and I won't even play ACGEEP because they still use the vanilla map, which SUCKS.

WTB new ACGEEP map or MyMap with updated events. That would be a good reason to buy. As it is the only reason to buy FtG is wide-screen support and new music

Why should it sell? Seems like it's EU2 tweaked to be modder's dream, but there are no mods. With vanilla EU2 I can play MyMap or ACGEEP 1.58. With FtG I can play MyMap (Extended version of which is a bad link), or ACGEEP 1.59 BETA. That's pretty weak, and I won't even play ACGEEP because they still use the vanilla map, which SUCKS.

WTB new ACGEEP map or MyMap with updated events. That would be a good reason to buy. As it is the only reason to buy FtG is wide-screen support and new music

This is the main point, only it was more like a "blank cheque". It was a basis, big thing could have been done. Then everyone vanished (which isn't exactly paragon of seriousness). Most of us payed for this game, and the only one that still is trying to deliver it as it could be is MichaelM.

Why should it sell? Seems like it's EU2 tweaked to be modder's dream, but there are no mods.

Really?
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?444736-List-of-Mods-and-Scenarios

With vanilla EU2 I can play MyMap or ACGEEP 1.58. With FtG I can play MyMap (Extended version of which is a bad link), or ACGEEP 1.59 BETA. That's pretty weak, and I won't even play ACGEEP because they still use the vanilla map, which SUCKS.

You haven´t actually read through the developers diarys to see what was changed that goes beyond modding? ;-)
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?429833-Development-Diary-Archive

And the beta´s of AGCEEP sometimes contain more changes in events for the better than other mods have events in total ^^

You haven´t actually read through the developers diarys to see what was changed that goes beyond modding? ;-)
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?429833-Development-Diary-Archive

And the beta´s of AGCEEP sometimes contain more changes in events for the better than other mods have events in total ^^

Oh, I did. On 10 DD, 3 are on new stuff. 1 of these is simply about remodeled settings. The other 2 are about cores (unused, apart from - I think - Tordesillas), Privateers (unused and not developed fully), adjacences (used in AGCEEP, not in the main game. But this I cannot guarantee), and tooltips/graphics (nice, but not exactly game-changing). The other seven are about changes in the databases and in modding. EU3 delivered patches with similar contents - but it was all right, because the team was going to use the changes in the engine to greatly expand the game, until it would have been a great game in its own right. Then, disappearance, Classic Games, etc.

I'm bitter? Yes, I am. I like FtG, but it's EU2 ready to be expanded. With only one person to expand it.

I'm bitter? Yes, I am. I like FtG, but it's EU2 ready to be expanded. With only one person to expand it.
I agree. And even though I still have a tenuous belief that 1.3 will come out eventually, that patch won't make up for the fact that FtG will never be the game it deserved and I really hoped it could be. But I moved on months ago. For me, FtG will remain the game that could have been.

Oh, I did. On 10 DD, 3 are on new stuff. 1 of these is simply about remodeled settings. The other 2 are about cores (unused, apart from - I think - Tordesillas),

Not unused in AGCEEP. We are currently replacing national cores - where approbiate - to claimcores or casus belli cores.