• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Romtos

Field Marshal
83 Badges
Nov 1, 2008
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Iron Cross
  • Magicka
  • Cities in Motion
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • War of the Roses
  • 200k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
Arsenal of Democracy and Iron Cross are both under 'current games' as well in the new forum category division, and since FtG ought to be still supported and patched, I think it also deserves to be grouped under 'current games'. :)

Ditto. After all, the point of FtG was to have it be a continuously updated and bettered version of the classic game EUII.

All games move here after 6 months if they don't have an active community or sell that well. Sorry.

All games move here after 6 months if they don't have an active community or sell that well. Sorry.

Doesn't that constitute a vicious circle? Moving a game to the "dead community" category would make sure the community quiets further. I can see the rationale behind it, but it feels harsh for a game on par with AoD concerning release time, scope and project nature (from a consumer standpoint).

The argument is very strange. What's the reasoning behind that? For the Glory is still a new game, no way it deserves a place in the same category as EU2. Why to futher reduce the chances of FtG to sell making new players to think it's an old game?

I would also argue that the HOI2 community is still active, and I'm sure it sold pretty well.

So long as I can find it on front page I don't care.

:D

Frankly, I'm not sure I understand why you (p'dox) allowed for the licensing of EU2. After all, it is generaly knowledge that EU2 didn't sell well, so why would a revamp of 8 year old product be expected to do even comparably?

Arsenal of Democracy and Iron Cross are both under 'current games' as well in the new forum category division, and since FtG ought to be still supported and patched, I think it also deserves to be grouped under 'current games'. :)

I must agree. Alot of work was put into FtG just as much as Arsenal and company, and why would they be a current game over FtG? You have DD and DD-A as a classic game, so why is AoD and Iron Cross than "current" games?

Besides, it will hurt FtG selling/business.

I must agree. Alot of work was put into FtG just as much as Arsenal and company, and why would they be a current game over FtG? You have DD and DD-A as a classic game, so why is AoD and Iron Cross than "current" games?

"Current game" is for those that game that is

1) recently released (within 6 months)

and/or

2) is still selling good and have a reasonably active community.

The only posts in the last week in FTG have been "why isnt there a community".

"Current game" is for those that game that is

1) recently released (within 6 months)

and/or

2) is still selling good and have a reasonably active community.

The only posts in the last week in FTG have been "why isnt there a community".
Sadly :(

Well, there's not much to argue... I'm very sad for this, but I understand it. :\
Understand it, but never really except it...........

:D

Frankly, I'm not sure I understand why you (p'dox) allowed for the licensing of EU2. After all, it is generaly knowledge that EU2 didn't sell well, so why would a revamp of 8 year old product be expected to do even comparably?

A very very very VALID question

I wonder if an answer will ever arrive

I think that Paradox, even a profit-based company, is made by men who love what they do and in a certain extent, those men probably wanted to please a very dedicated fan base. After that, maybe that was not very risky or expensive for the company, and managers thought it worth the challenge. I play the game, I find it awesome, so I think Paradox and as well, the people who released the game, deserve some support and thanks. It's a way to say that I see many negative comments, by people who love the game, and it's quite a ... paradox, me thinks, so it's ok for me to have a balance and post a positive message.

Understand it, but never really except it...........
What can I say? From a business point of view, the reasons make sense, even though I don't like to read them. It still feels like a stab in the back, but then again, Paradox is no longer what it used to be. So, I'm not surprised to see this. Money talks louder and most probably, if I were in their shoes, I'd do the same thing. It's time we, the fans, get real on this thing.

Paradox doesn't want to invest more time and/or money in EU2-style games. Fair enough. They are earning their living and have to take economical decisions. Yet since nobody wants the game or any games like this, I'd imagine it wouldn't hurt them to release the source-code into public domain, so that we diehard fans can tinker with it in our free time. ;)

I can even see them making a bit of money with it. Say they proclaim "if FTG sells X more times, we'll release the source code", and have a counter. Some people would buy it, repeatedly.